Why Am I Doing This?

Flug was in his room and has been here for a few hours now. It was 7pm and he was building a model plane.

He went to grab the glue but noticed it was missing. "Where did it go?" He mumbled, turning to see if it fell onto the floor. Dementia stood behind him, attempting to sniff the glue.

"Dementia, stop it! That's not what it's for! And get out of my room!" He snatches it out of her hands and angrily slams it onto the table.

She giggles and jabs him on the chest before scuttling out of the room, leaving scratch marks on the floor. Flug sighs in annoyance and turns his attention back to the model plane.

Another hour had gone by and he completed the plane and held it up triumphantly, admiring the design and hard work put into it. He heard a knock at the door and carefully set it down before walking to his door.

Upon opening the door he found his boss standing there, with a slightly annoyed expression.

"Flug. Have you eaten yet? Humans need nourishment thrice a day."

Flug's eyes widened and he sweats nervously. He had been so occupied by sleeping and building model planes that he skipped dinner entirely. He couldn't remember eating lunch either.

"Uh... no, sir. I haven't eaten." Flug glanced up at him sheepishly, expecting to be yelled at.

"Hm... come with me, then. I'll have 5.0.5 make you something." Black Hat grabbed him by the wrist and yanked him forward, earning a small yelp from the boy as he nervously followed.

Flug was deep in thought as they walked. Black Hat has been a lot nicer to him lately, and he himself knew why. He just want sure if Black Hat knew why.

He glanced up at his boss, who had a determined look on is face as he dragged Flug to the kitchen. Black Hat didn't notice and they rounded the corner into the kitchen. He shoved Flug into a chair at the table and called 5.0.5.

In a few seconds the bear walked in and was immediately ordered to make Flug something to eat. 5.0.5 panicked at first from the sudden order, but soon composed himself and started to prepare some food.

Black Hat sat at the table across from Flug, watching the bear work. They sat together in silence, Black Hat thinking to himself. The question finally occurred to him; why was he doing this? Why did he even care?

Flug noticed him furrow his brow in confusion and mentally chuckled, knowing it had finally sunk in to him. Flug knew his boss had developed feelings for him, one might even call it a crush. Flug had decided not to say anything, though, and let Black Hat figure it out for himself.

5.0.5 finished cooking and presented the food to Flug. Flug smiled at him in approval and the bear hummed happily in response, going over to wash the dishes. Flug ate silently, glancing over at Black Hat every few minutes to watch his expressions shift around as he was thinking to himself.

As he was about halfway done Black Hat came back to reality and looked at Flug, who was scarfing down his meal. He looked down at the food, seeing if he could steal any bits of anything.

Flug noticed and pushed a bit to the edge of his plate, offering it to Black Hat. Black Hat picked it up and ate it, enjoying the taste and humming to himself in approval.

Flug finished eating and put his dishes in the sink to be taken care of by 5.0.5 later. He stood up and was about to go to his room before Black Hat stood up as well and interrupted him.

"It may not be 10 o'clock yet, but it's close so you should just come back with me for the night." Black Hat turned to exit the kitchen. Flug rolled his eyes in amusment, smiling to himself under his bag. "Alright, but let me put on some pajamas first." Black Hat allowed him to go back to his room and change. After he had gotten ready for bed he went back to the the room they had spent the previous night.

Black Hat sat in his chair as Flug went to the bed. He looked at a clock as he passed to see that it was 9:43pm, close enough to his curfew, he supposed. He lied down in the bed and tried to relax.

He had trouble relaxing, and Black Hat took notice of his constant tossing and turning. Flug had been laying there for 3 hours and hadn't gotten any sleep at all. 

"Flug! What's taking you so long to fall asleep!?" Black Hat blurted out in annoyance. "I-I'm sorry sir, I just can't get to sleep... I have insomnia so it takes a while..."

Black Hat took interest at this new word "inso-what?"

Flug cleared his throat. "Insomnia. It means I can't sleep. I can't control it, it it just happens sometimes..."

Black Hat pauses for a moment, absorbing his words and thinking to himself. "Hm... would it help if I repeated my actions from last night?"

"Well..." Flug trailed off nervously, "Y-yes, but you don't have to do that..."

Black Hat groaned and stood up. "If it will stop your tossing and turning I'll do it. Listening to it is rather annoying." He takes off his coat and folds it onto the chair and removes his shoes, kicking them to the side. He had noticed they caused discomfort while sleeping and decided it was best to discard them. He crawled into the bed and spooned Flug once again.

Flug sighed, enjoying the closeness. Black Hat groaned, faking displeasure. "I would be grateful for you to fall asleep fast, I don't enjoy doing this."

"Then why didn't you leave after I fell asleep last night?"

"I figured it would wake you up. So I stayed."

"Is that the only reason?"

"Are you implying something, Flug?"

Flug only shivered in response, whimpering out before going quiet. Black Hat looked over him as he lied there. He did have a point. That was not the only reason. He didn't know why, but he liked being close to Flug. Only Flug. He wanted to make sure Flug was okay, and the concept of that bewildered him. The concept of that... scared him.

Flug felt anxious and knew he wouldn't be able to sleep. He closed his eyes anyway, trying his best to relax.

All of the sudden he was pulled closer to Black Hat, and he could feel his cool breath on his own neck. It felt nice in an odd way, and it was peaceful. They lied there in silence for an hour or so before one of them finally relaxed and drifted off. And that one was not Flug.

Soft snoring emmited from behind him and Flug smiled to himself. He carefully rolled over to look at him while still being held in his arms.

Black Hat was fast asleep, tongue lolled out onto the pillow. Flug chuckled to himself before cuddling closer to Black Hat, feeling the coolness radiating off of him, and slowly drifting off to sleep. The last thing his conscious mind could register was the feeling of being pulled closer.