Go Away

Black Hat looked at the time. It was almost midnight. Flug hadn't shown up at curfew!

He growled to himself and stood. It didnt matter, he didn't want to see Flug anyways.

Groaning in disgust at the thought of Flug, he walked to the door. No reason to waste his time on something as trivial as sleep tonight. Must as well go get some work done.

Opening and closing the door to his room, he stepped into the hallway and started towards his office.

Black Hat needed to clear his mind, he couldn't focus on work with such horrid thoughts as Flug interfering with his train of thought. He let his mind wander elsewhere as he navigated the halls.

Turning a corner he looked at the self portraits along the wall. He was a wonderful being, so powerful, so evil, so monstrous! He was a glorious beast, no human could ever fully appreciate his amazing power.

Smiling evilly to himself he filled his head with narcissistic thoughts, inflating his own ego. He was amazing! He was Black Hat! He was-

As he neared the doors to the lab on his way to his office he saw a peculiar sight. Flug was sprawled out in the hall, passed out and whimpering in his sleep.

Black Hat's train of thought went to a halt as he walked closer to Flug's unconscious form.

Why was he here? Where was his bag?

Looking over he saw the bag a few feet away, it looked damp, as if water had spilled onto it and it had been left out to dry.

He leaned forward and closely inspected the scene in front of him. Flug's face was slightly puffy and pink, as if he had been crying recently.

Black Hat's gaze narrowed. Why had he been crying? Standing straight he thought to himself for a moment before remembering the events he had worked so hard to clear his mind of.

"Oh, bloody hell..." He mumbled to himself before frowning and growling in repulsion.

Black Hat stood there, staring down at him. The longer he stared, the foggier his mind became. He wanted to leave and never see him again, but something inside him prevented him from moving. He was immobilized by something deep in his gut, a small flutter still remaining in him.

The flutter began to grow, extending wings inside his gut and crawling up to his chest. Snapping out of his trance he took a step back, realizing what was happening. He still had feelings for Flug, they hadn't left or even lessened.

Black Hat shook his head, hoping that by some magic the feelings would be shaken out. Alas, they were not, and he let out a shakey sigh in frustration. Looking back to Flug caused soft flutters to scatter throughout his core, and he hated it. He loathed it. Why wouldn't it just go away!?

He growled loudly to himself, a bit too loudly. Flug was pulled back into consciousness, groaning as he pushed weight onto his arm to lift his body slightly. With a solid push he was in a sitting position. Moving his hands to rub his eyes, he noticed the absence of his bag and goggles.

His eyes snapped open and he immediately stared directly at Black Hat. Memories smashed into his head and he let out a loud squeal, waving his arms and falling back onto the floor.

"J-jefecito!" He sprang up and tried to walk forward towards Black Hat but was met with a stab of pain in his head and a feeling of nausea penetrated his stomach, causing him to stumble back and fall back onto the floor.

Black Hat narrowed his eyes. "Don't call me that ever again."

Flug's eyes widened, and he felt something shatter deep in his chest.

Black Hat growled and turned, walking down the hall towards his office. Flug sat there and felt like he was going to vomit. He was unable to cry, there was nothing left to get out.

Watching his boss, Flug didn't move. He wasn't able to move, every part of his body felt weak. His body felt like he had weights tied to every muscle, and every movement was pain.

Everything felt hopeless. He had wanted to be with Black Hat so badly, he had wished so hard for him to realize his feelings, but never thought about if he would accept or reject them.

Flug turned his attention back to his boss. He had moved further down the hall, almost out of sight.

Why didn't Black Hat believe him? Why couldn't he believe that Flug was telling the truth?

Flug looked to the floor, pressing his palms down on the cood surface. His mind was blank for a few seconds before he narrowed his eyes in determination. He gripped the floor, pushing his hands down hard and his whole body trembled.

If Black Hat refused believe his words, then he would show him and make him believe them.