Breakfast

Morning came and Flug woke up, grumbling to himself. He looked around the room in panic before remembering the events of last night. He moved to get out of the bed but two arms still clutching his waist held him back. Cranking his head over he saw his boss fast asleep next to him, slightly drooling on the pillow. Flug examined his sleeping form, 'Wow, he looks so peaceful! ...And kinda cute?' Flug thought to himself. The loud growling of his own stomach cut his thoughts short, and he felt his boss stir in his sleep. Flug whipped his head back and pretended to be asleep to save his boss the embarrassment of knowing he'd been noticed.

The arms that had been holding him were slipped away and Black Hat sat up in the bed. He groggily looked over Flug, smiling to himself. Black Hat stretched his arms and felt a few joints pop, groaning to himself. Climbing out of bed he walked over to a nearby chair and sat down, pressing a button on the table next to him. A few minutes later 5.0.5 appeared with a tray holding a hot cup of coffee. Taking the beverage Black Hat waved the bear away, leaving him alone in the room with Flug once again.

Black Hat read the newspaper as he sipped the coffee, glancing over at Flug every few minutes. After pretending to be asleep for about a half hour, Flug slowly sat up in the bed and let out a loud yawn.

"Morning, Flug. Sleep well?"

"Uh, oh yes, sir. T-thank you."

Black Hat scoffed to himself. "You humans and your need for sleep. I'll never understand it." He shakes his head, sipping his coffee.

Flug rubs his arm awkwardly, unsure of what to do. "W-well, I should better get breakfast-" he begins to get up to leave but a tentacle shoots up from the ground and shoves him back onto the bed.

"No need to hurry out, 5.0.5 can bring it for you. You are taking the day off and are going to get a good rest today. I can't have my employees overworked."

"B-but sir-"

"You are going to relax today, Doctor. That is an order." Black Hat growls deeply, slighly glaring at him.

Flug sighs in defeat. "Yes sir..."

Black Hat presses a button on the table and Flug lays back on the bed, trying to relax. He starts wondering what he's going to do all day; a day of nothing sounds very boring. He has to do something.

5.0.5 walks in, holding a tray of food and presents it to Flug. A plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage, with a large glass of orange juice. He takes it and thanks the bear, smiling at him under the bag. 5.0.5 cheers gleefully and skips out of the room, earning a chuckle from Flug and a gag from Black Hat.

Flug eats breakfast as Black Hat starts filling out paperwork, eyeing Flug as he ate.

"Do you need something, sir?"

"Wha-? What are you talking about, Flug?"

"You keep looking at me. Is something wrong?"

"No there isn't, you fool. You humans are disgusting, how can you put that filth into your bodies constantly? It's absolutely revolting."

A silence sits between them, Black Hat staring at the paperwork in front of him as Flug stares at the half eaten plate before him. "Have you ever tried it, sir?"

The silence crept over them again before Black Hat answered, "Well no, but it looks and sounds pretty disgusting, therefore it is."

"Jefecito?"

"WHAT."

"Come here."

Black Hat groaned loudly, before standing up and stomping over to the bed, sitting down next to Flug with a huff and crossing his arms.

Flug chucked and picked up an unused fork and offered it to Black Hat. "Try something."

Black Hat faked a gag, "You mean eat that slop? I think not!"

Flug let out a deep breath and tried again. "Try something. It's not as bad as you think."

"Ugh, fine." He snatched the fork out of Flug's hand and looked over the food, almost nervously. He scooped a bit of the eggs onto the fork and lifted it to his own mouth, hesitating a little.

"Go on. Eat it."

Black Hat growled and stuffed it into his mouth, bracing himself for the worst. He was about to spit it out and make a scene but instead his eyes widened in shock. It was... good. He enjoyed it.

Flug took notice and smirked. "See, I told you. Now try one of the sausages."

Black Hat looked over the plate and stabbed one with the fork, eagerly stuffing it into his mouth. It tasted better than the eggs, much better. "Humans... eat food like this every day..." He mumbles to himself, scraping bits of meat out from between his teeth with his tongue.

"Yes sir, we do. Isn't it repulsive?~" He mocked, teasingly.

"Oh shut up, Flug." He looked away, slighly embarrassed from being proven wrong.

Flug giggled and decided to make matters worse for his boss. "Almost as repulsive as falling asleep while cuddling a human, huh boss?"

Black Hat made a choking sound and went stiff, a small blush creeping onto his face. He had been caught and he knew it. "Ahh, it seems so... and if you tell anyone about any of this..." He turns to face Flug, his face dark and menacing. "I will make sure you don't have a stomach to eat with. Is that clear?"

Flug shivered in response, "Y-yes sir."

"Good. Now finish eating, you need the energy."

Flug nods and continues eating, a few sausages being stolen from his plate when Black Hat didn't think he was paying attention.

After he finishes eating, 5.0.5 is called to retrieve the empty tray. Black Hat and Flug sit in silence before Flug speaks up. "Jefe? Can I go to my room instead of having to sit here all day? N-not that there is anything w-wrong with that, but t-there are more things to do in my room, I-I won't be as bored."

Black Hat ponders a moment before agreeing. "Fine. Go ahead."

"Thank you, sir." He stands and walks to the door. He turns the doorknob and is about to step out of the room before a voice interrups him.

"Oh, and Flug?"

"Yes, boss?"

"To make sure you sleep properly every night you are to sleep in my room instead of your own."

"Just to make sure I am sleeping properly, huh?~"

"Yes. Be here at 10."

"Yes sir."

Flug steps out the door, leaving to his own room, chuckling to himself. This was going to be interesting.