Believe

Flug stood. He ignored the pain and protests of his body, nausea stabing through his stomach and a jagged pain in his head blurring his vision. His emotions were jumbled and hard to distinguish, but only one though was clear in his mind.

He would make Black Hat believe him.

Flug took a step forward, the joints in his knee cracking and his muscles screaming for him to stop.

He took another step.

And another.

Soon he was running across the mansion, leaving his bag behind, mind blurred from so many emotions fighting for dominance.

The front door opened and slammed shut, a high, giddy chuckle filling the room as he left.

Black Hat sat in his office doing work. He grumbled to himself and scowled, trying to focus his mind on the papers in front of him. Other thoughts ate away into his mind, begging to be given attention and acknowledgment.

He shook them away and continued working, doing his best to keep focused.

It became 3am. It was late and Black Hat was getting bored. He wanted a break for now, maybe he could walk around for a bit.

Before he had time to move, the door to his office swung open and slammed against the wall.

Black Hat was about to yell about knocking, but the sight in front of him left him speechless.

Flug stood there, without his bag, holding the brightest smile he had ever seen on the man.

"Flug? What has gotten into you?"

Flug walked forward and dropped a dead mouse on the desk. Black Hat looked down at it for a moment before looked back at Flug with a raised eyebrow.

"What is this for?"

Flug merely giggled, tilting his head with a wide smile.

Black Hat looked back to the rodent and picked it up, looking at it closely. It was still fresh.

Flug finally spoke up. "Do you like it?"

Black Hat stared at it blankly. He indeed liked it, but he didn't know why. "Well, yes. But why are you giving me this?"

Flug stood straight, almost excitedly. "It's a gift! When humans like eachother they give eachother gifts. You don't seem to be one to enjoy the gifts we normally do, so I tried to do something different that you might like." 

Black Hat looked at him in disbelief. "Humans give eachother gifts when they like eachother...? But... but you don't..."

Flug sighed and clenched his fists. "Yes, I do." He shook a bit, fear sparking in his chest. He couldn't take any more rejection. He just couldn't.

Black Hat stared at the mouse harder. He wanted to belive Flug. He really did. But this wasn't enough.

Flug noticed the thought process shifting around in Black Hat's mind and decided to try something else.

"Sir, are you familiar with any other ways we show our affectionate feelings?"

Black Hat pauses as he thinks. "Hmm. From what I've heard, humans who are in love tend to be very touchy. They shove their faces and groins together for some reason. Why?"

Flug grew nervous and swallowed hard, shakily reaching forward and putting his hands on Black Hat's desk.

"Sir, I'd l-like to show you... o-one of the ways w-we show l-love." Flug looked him in the eye shyly, his body trembling as he could feel his own cheeks heat up heavily.

Black Hat merely stared with an eyebrow raised, curious. He nodded his head, allowing Flug to continue.

Flug lurched forward, connecting their lips together.

Black Hat's eye widened, confusion shooting into his mind. He was confused at what this feeling was, and what it fully meant. He was confused as to why humans do this and why they even came up with something like this in the first place.

But what confused him most was why he was closing his eye and leaning into it, why he was running his hand through Flug's hair and pulling him closer, why he was actually enjoying this.

Flug could feel Black Hat reacting, and he could feel that the response was positive. He leaned forward more over the desk, deepening the kiss for a few seconds before pulling away.

They opened their eyes and stared at eachother. Flug noticed Black Hat's face had gotten a darker hue around the cheeks, similar to the bright red of his own. Flug admired it in awe before Black Hat cleared his throat, alerting him that he's staring.

"So... uh... that's quite an... interesting human ritual."

Flug blushed harder and looked down. "Y-yeah, I g-guess so..." He started moving away, feeling defeated.

Black Hat grabbed his arm, preventing him from running. "But it got it's point across."

Flug looked back at him in surprise. "W-what do y-"

He was cut off by Black Hat jerking him forward and slamming their lips together once again, reaching forward with his free hand and stroking Flug's cheek gently to calm the man down.

After a few seconds Black Hat broke the kiss and leaned his forehead against Flug's.

"I believe you."