This isn't happening

Black Hat leans back in his seat and takes a deep breath.

How? How could this happen? He was BLACK HAT. He could destroy all of humanity in an instant, but has now fallen for a part of it himself.

He was disgusted. Disgusted in both Flug and himself.

Why would he fall for a human. Humans are pathetic and worthless and emotional. What could he possibly find appealing in one? And of all the humans why Flug? He was just so cowardly and nervous and... and... cute.

Dear hats he hates cute things. Kittens, puppies... bleh. He hated all of it. But Flug... he was different. He had more to him than just cute. He was smart. No, he was brilliant. The way he moved and the way he worked was absolutely mesmerizing. And that made the fact that he was cute... tolerable. And even desirable.

Wait, what is he thinking?! Why is he thinking about this nonsense! This is not happening. He does not have feelings for that clumsy piece of flesh. That is absolutely revolting!

Black Hat stands and paces the floor. He mutters profanities under his breath before walking to his desk and slamming his fist forcefully onto the wood. He hears the desk crack and looks down at the damage.

He just cracked his own desk. Why did he just crack his own desk?

He stands there looking at it for a moment thinking to himself.

With a loud sigh he snaps his fingers and the desk is fixed. He decides to go outside for some fresh air, hoping that maybe it will help clear his mind.

He walks down the hallways and looks at the paintings and photos along the walls. Most of them are of himself, a few include others. Not many, though.

He reaches the front door and steps out, breathing in deeply and letting out a sigh. He closes the door and stands there, watching the town as people minded their own business.

Leaning against the door he shuts his eye for a moment. God his head hurt, when did this headache start?

Furrowing his eyebrows together he tried to focus on nothing. He wanted to clear his mind.

But he couldn't. All he could think about was the realization that he had feelings for that miserable human.

With a groan he looked around, watching. He couldn't stand this, he needed to do something. Anything.

He walks back inside and stands there, unsure of where to go. He sees 5.0.5 cleaning some paintings and watches him for a moment before someone walks around the corner.

Flug.

Black Hat tenses, not wanting to accept or acknowledge his feelings but he can't help the leap in his chest as soon as he sees Flug.

"Oh, hi Jefe! I- sir are you okay?"

Noticing how tense his boss is, Flug grows concerned and walks over to him. "Why are you so tense? Did something happen?"

Black Hat shifted, trying to compose himself. He did not want to let his feelings known to Flug. Flug was a human, he would never share feelings like this for someone like himself. Humans mate with humans, he had never heard of a case otherwise.

"I am fine, mind your own business you idiot! Don't you have work to do? I'm not forcing you to sleep early just for you to lounge around all day!"

Flug grows nervous and gulps. "O-oh, I was having trouble focusing so I w-was taking a small w-walk around to try to clear my th-thoughts..." 

Black Hat chuckles, knowing exactly how he feels before speaking up with a calmer tone, "Get back to work."

"Yes s-sir." Flug backs away before scuttling off, speedwalking down the hall and tripping over his feet, falling to the floor briefly before scrambling up and running to the lab, hoping he wasn't noticed.

His fall was noticed, however, by Black Hat. He groaned to himself before walking to his office, mentally slapping himself in the face for finding it so cute. 

He sits in his chair and buries his face in his hands.

"I can't believe this..." He mumbles, "I can't believe... I won't. This isn't happening." He sits up and slams a fist on the table. "This isn't happening and I will prove it to myself."

He stands up and straightens his coat before stomping out the door, swiftly trudging down the halls as he focuses on the hallways in front of him. Marching down to Flug's lab he bursts open the door and steps in triumphantly.

Flug jumps and grabs his chest, "Jefecito, you scared me! What are you doing in here?" He looks at Black Hat and tilts his head, looking like a confused puppy.

Black Hat's insides immediately melt to goo and the sound of Flug's voice pounds into his skull, sending waves through his spine that shoot straight into his legs and makes his knees feel like jelly. His stomach ties into knots and his chest feels like it's about to burst.

Okay, that wasn't normal. Maybe he does have feelings for the human.

"I just came in to see how much you had done today. What are you working on?" Black Hat shakes his head slightly and walks up to Flug, coming up with and excuse to change the subject.

Flug raises an eyebrow. "That was quite an entrance for a check up." He shrugs, "but I've gotten 2 blueprints finished and have been tinkering with a few other devices."

"Ah. Good. Carry on, then." Black Hat turns to leave before he is interrupted.

"Uh, sir? Are you feeling well? You have been acting strange today."

Black Hat could feel heat in his face and was glad he wasn't facing Flug. Flug cares for his wellbeing, that adorable little idiot...

"Yes, I am fine. Don't worry about it, I can handle it myself. No need for your concern." Black Hat stated, looking down at the floor.

"Handle what?"

Black Hat flinched. He slipped up, how can he get out of this? He didn't want to lie, but he definitely didn't want to tell the truth.

"Well... I have a lot on my mind."

"Like what? If you need help with something I can be of assistance. N-Not that I don't t-think you can't handle it yourself..." Flug trails off, getting nervous.

Black Hat feels like his chest has been hit with a bullet. Why did he have so many emotions!?

"Personal... things. You wouldn't be interested."

"Well I am."

"It doesn't matter."

"Tell me."

"Why?" Black Hat whips around, glaring at him. Flug can see a light blush dusted across his face.

"Boss, are you... blushing?" Flug squints, trying to look closer before it clicks in his head.

Oh. He figured it out.