Chapter 4

[Leafkit's POV]

I leaped out of the nursery bounding toward my sister. We were playing chase with the other kits too. Wolfkit was one of the kits I was suppose to be chasing. We were actually playing a game with hide and seek and chase put together. I had found Wolfkit in the nursery and now I was trying to tag her. I had no clue where the other kits were, but I would find them.

"I'm going to get you!" I giggled to my sister and pounced again, just barely missing her grey furred tail. She turned her head to me and stuck her tongue out at me.

"Never going to get me!" She teased me and quickly duck around the fresh kill pile and turned to the nursery.

I tried to turn quickly to catch her, but fell onto my side. I growled to myself and got up quickly. I followed after her and was so focused on her hat I didn't see Riversand going to the fresh kill pile. I slid on the dirt trying not to run into him and looked up at him with big eyes. I was so going to get yelled at for distracting the warrior and running into him. This was so going to suck.

"Hey Leafkit. You okay?" He asked softly lowering his head toward my eye level. I let out a small squeak surprised he wasn't yelling at me for almost running into him.

"I-I'm okay." I said softly hoping my voice wasn't going to give out at any moment. I had been taught to stay out of the way of the warriors. They had things to do and I was only a kit.

"That's good. Don't get hurt while you are playing with the other kits. Also, small hint, one of the kits is hiding in the warrior's den. I think it's Spokenkit and I saw one going into Tinystar's den." He said leaning down to me. I smiled brightly. Two more kits that would become victims of my seeking.

"Thank you!" I told him before scurrying away to the warrior's den to find Spokenkit.

The kit was the oldest out of all of the kits in the nursery. She was even slightly older than her own sister since she was born first. I was really scared to talk to the shecat too. She was the sister of some of the warriors, and even the sister of Tinystar. I just hoped she didn't side with her sister when she got older. She could be a hard opponent to beat or even battle against for the warrior assignment. I didn't want to fight against her, but I would always stay with my mother and sister. I wished I knew my father because I knew he would side with us too. I had heard from my mother that he always tried to do the right thing along with his siblings. I might have to ask Cheetahpelt about them one day. I would want to know more.