Chapter 15

[Brightfire's POV]

I was starting to worry about Venomstar. He was more distant and he barely talked to anyone else. If he wasn't in the camp, he was going to the Moonstone. There was something wrong though, he would never admit it. He had darkness in his eyes whenever he came back from the journey. I wanted to talk to him about it, but he would just push the topic to something else. I would confront him on it this time.

I walked over toward the leader's den when I saw Cherrywisp going toward the den as well. What did the ginger shecat need from Venomstar? Did she have something to ask him?

"Hey, Cherrywisp. Do you need something from Venomstar?" I asked the shecat before she could go into the den. She jumped slightly as she heard my voice but straightened up quickly to look at me.

"I was going to tell him about something I saw. Is there a problem with that?" She asked me. I flicked my ear. Did she see something bad as well? I couldn't see any darkness in her eyes like I saw in Vemomstar's but it didn't clear her right away.

"Venomstar isn't feeling that good. What did you need to tell him? You can tell me. I am his deputy after all." I told her showing off my power slightly. I had been the deputy for Silverstar, and now I'm the deputy for Venomstar. It's such a wonder I never became leader.

"I really wanted to talk to him about it. I knew he had been leaving the camp a lot, so I was wondering if he saw anything like I did." She said being rather vague. I had to push more.

"Like I said, he isn't feeling that well. If you could just tell me what you saw, I could tell you if he saw anything like that." I said with an innocent smile. I had no clue what Venomstar had seen, but I would make something up if that was the case.

"And like I said, I am going to only tell Venomstar about this. We all know Venomstar hasn't been talking to you since the Dark Forest took over." Cherrywisp said with a small smirk on her face. Her eyes glares holes through me, almost like they were daring me to attack her.

"Look Cherrywisp, I'm just trying to help you and me both out here. It will get a lot easier if you would just cooperate. Tell me what you saw so I can figure out what the clan is hiding from me!" I growled at her, trying not to get too mad. I could feel eyes on me. I was drawing attention from the light and from the dark.

"I saw everyone dead and darkness taking over okay! Do you want anything else? Do you want what time of day it was? Do you want how long it took?" Cherrywisp growled back lashing her tail.

"Thank you." I said calmly before walking away quickly. That's what it was.