Chapter 1 : I finally turned 17!!

In the year 2020

"Happy birthday Mel!!!" Everyone yelled. I smiled brightly.

"Come on make a wish and blow the candles!!" My family and few of my cousins shouted as they crowded around me. I did as I told and made a wish before blowing the candle.

I wish I get the same power as my dad; the air element or mom's; the earth element.

I blew the candles and then cut the cake. Everybody cheered. I finally turn 17 today!! Just one more year and I'll be a full grown adult!

"Time for presents Mel!" My elder sister (cousin) said. I nodded and followed after her.

After present opening, my cousins and relatives all left and went back to their own houses. I sat on the couch beside my mother and my father. I sighed. It was such an amazing day. I yawned loudly.

"Sweetie why don't you go and sleep now? It's already past midnight." Mom said in her sweet voice. I yawned again before getting up and kissing her and dad on their cheeks and headed up to my room.

Once I hit the warm sheets I was dragged into my dreamland.

Dream

I looked around to only find darkness around me. This is a bit scary. There was no one here except for me and it was creeping the hell out of me!

"You have to get ready....." I heard someone's voice and whipped my face in the direction it came from. But I saw no one.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"They're coming for you..." The voice said again.

"W - Who is?" I asked.

"He's waking up....You don't have much time....You have to master your powers quickly.....and also gather the others...." The voice whispered once again.

"W - Who's waking up? What powers? I haven't gotten them yet. And who are these 'others'? " I asked but before I could get any answers the scene before me started to fade away.

End of dream

I woke up with a cold sweat, my breathing laboured. I put my hand to my forehead.

"What was that? Powers? But I haven't even acquired them yet." I said to myself. Ugh. All this thinking is giving me a headache. I should just forget about it and go take a nice shower and then spend the rest of my Sunday lazing around or reading a novel. I got off my bed and headed for the bathroom.

After a nice warm shower I came out with a white towel wrapped around my small body. I picked out an oversized violet T shirt and black leggings. I tied my hair in a messy bun and looked at myself in the mirror.

Hi there!! I'm Melanie Grace. I just turned 17 yesterday. I have mid waist dark brown hair with red highlights. Yeah I know. How weird. Right? But I haven't dyed my hair or anything. It's like this from the day I was born. And to be honest, it's really weird for someone to have hair like mine. So I prefer staying at home than going out.

Well then....Umm....I'm 5' 3" tall. I live in a two storey house in a decent and nice society with my mom and dad. I don't have any siblings. But many cousins. Annnnddddd.........no boyfriend. Nope. Not once. That's it for now.

I need to go and have my breakfast! I should tell you one thing, I completely, utterly LOVE food!! I'll die without it! It's my bae! I'll rather have my food than have a guy with whom I have to spend almost half of my day. Anyways let's go downstairs!