Chapter 3: What is my power??

That's Melanie!!☝

I looked at her with wide eyes as she did the same. I then blinked and came back to my senses.

She copied my actions and got up.

"Uh..hi I'm Melanie Grace. Your roommate I guess?" I said. She chuckled a bit.

"Hey there. I'm Lorraine Caister. Call me Lori. And yes we're roommates!!" She said smiling wide. I mirrored her smile. I saw her wearing the same uniform as me.

"Are you new here too?" I asked. She nodded.

"Come on let's go together!" She said and dragged me by my hand.

We stopped. There were four ways. One from where we just came. One on my left and one on my right and one in front of us.

"We're lost." I said bluntly. She huffed.

"No we're not. We are just a bit.....confused. Yeah." She said. I sighed.

I removed the map from my bag and we both looked at it.

"So.....we're here now. We have to go straight, take two rights and go straight again. And that's were the hall is. Come on. Let's go." I said and this time I dragged her.

We finally reached. We pushed open the door and as we entered, all eyes were on us. I rolled my eyes, annoyed while Lori looked down, blushing a bit.

A few minutes after standing there with all attention on us, the headmaster finally came and stood on the stage, starting to speak.

"Good morning everyone. I'm Mrs. Josie Withersfield. Your headmaster. I would like to welcome you all to our very proud Elemental Academy." She started off. We all clapped.

"As you all know, today, right now, we'll be calling you'll one by one to find out what power you exactly have. So please keep your ears open and come forward when your name is called out. Thank you." She said and walked off the stage and into a room nearby.

A guy then came out and started calling our names one by one.

"Peter Andre?" He called out and a guy with black hair came forward. He looked really nervous but still went on ahead.

He entered the same room the headmaster entered and didn't come out from there again. Maybe he went out from another door? That must be it.

The man called out the next person and it went on and on and on, until finally he called Lori's name.

"Good luck." I said. She smiled at me and went ahead. She's hoping she gets the Water element. I hope she does too.

"Melanie Grace?" He called out. I stepped forward and walked towards him. He looked at me in shock but quickly recovered. The other students were still giving me odd looks. There were only a few left.

"Just go in. You'll find the headmaster sitting there. Just do as she says okay? And don't be afraid. It's quite easy." He said and gave a reassuring smile. I smiled back and entered the room.

It was quite dark. But I could still make out the things present in the room. Or more specifically, people.

"Melanie Grace?" I heard my headmaster ask.

"Yes." I said.

"Please take a seat." She said and I went down and sat right across her.

Suddenly the room lit up and bit and again the headmaster and the person sitting beside her looked at me with surprise.

"H - Have you dyed your hair or is it naturally like this?" The headmaster asked.

"It's like this since the day I was born." I said. They nodded.

"Okay Melanie. This is Georgia Potts. She'll find out what your power is okay?" I nodded.

"Well now, I want you to close your eyes and try not to think about anything. While you do this Georgia here will 'scan' you and find what is your destined power okay?" She said. I nodded again and closed my eyes.

Not think about anything? How the hell can I do that? Oh anything is possible! Just remove all thought from your mind. You can do it Mel.

I did as told. I then felt something or someone looking deep into my soul.

After just a few seconds, they told me to open my eyes. When I did, I looked at them expectantly. They had shocked faces again. Why the hell is everyone so shocked today?!

"So...." I prompted.

"Uh...Melanie, dear...umm...you got the Fire element." The headmaster said.

What?! But how?! None of my family members have the Fire element! It's always been air or earth element. How did I get the fire element?!

"We don't know either, my dear." The headmaster said. Wait how did she know? Did I speak it out loud?

"No sweetie I read your mind." She said. Well that's creepy.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to creep you out." She apologised.

"No it's fine. But how did I get the fire element?" I asked.

"There are times where the child gets neither  their parents or family members powers but instead something different. And that's not the only thing....." She stretched on.

"Is there something else?" I asked. She looked at Georgia.

"Melanie you have two powers." Georgia said.

WHAT????!!!!!!