Chapter 15: Confessing

I got up and sat on my bed. I walked towards the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had dark circles under my eyes because I couldn't sleep yesterday at all.

I had a quick shower and wore my white robe around my small body before walking out. I saw Garry sleeping on the bed all curled up. How cute.

I quickly changed into beige shorts and a white tank top. Since my hair was wet I let it down. It fell on my shoulders in waves.

I wore my usual sneakers and checked the clock. 6:30 am. It's quite early. I don't think anyone will be awake. They usually wake up around 7 am.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen only to find Shawn sitting on the table with a cup of coffee in one hand and the newspaper in another.

He looked up at me as soon as I walked. I stared into his eyes for a bit before going to the kitchen counter to make myself a cup of coffee too.

I sat across him and sipped my coffee.
There was an awkward silence between us.

Few minutes passed with none of us speaking a word to each other.

Should I tell him? It's only the two of us after all. How should I start off? Oh forget it! I'll just say it directly!

"Shawn I - " I started off but stopped midway when I heard footsteps.

We both looked behind me to see Bryson and Drew. Bryson was yawning loudly while Drew smiled once he saw us.

I smiled back.

"Good morning guys." I said.

"Good morning Melanie, Shawn." Drew said.

"What's so good about this morning? Good morning anyways." Bryson said and sat down beside me while Drew sat beside Shawn.

Ugh. Why did they need to come right when I was about to confess?

"I think something really out of the world is gonna happen today." Bryson muttered but we all heard it. I turned to him.

"Why do you say so?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I? You for a change got up early today." He said trying to stifle his laughter. I pouted and punched his shoulder slightly.

"Shut up."

He just snickered.

"Did you sleep well Melanie?" Drew asked. I turned to him.

"Why do you ask?"

"Cause you look really tired and you have dark circles under your eyes." Drew said.

"Uh..I couldn't sleep well last night because...because my whole body was aching after that rough training Garry gave me." I lied.

I didn't want to lie but how could I tell them that I was awake the whole night thinking on how I should confess to Shawn? That would be just too embarrassing.

"Oh okay." Drew said not believing my lie at all but he didn't delve into it further for which I was thankful.

"Melanie..." I turned and saw Garry slowly floating towards me still a bit sleepy.

I stretched out my arms so as to catch him. He quickly came and nustled into my arms.

"Morning everyone." He said before taking a huge yawn.

"Morning." We all said.

"Hey Shawn where's Rose?" Garry asked. I smirked.

"Aww. Are you missing her?" I asked teasingly. Garry looked away in slight embarrassment.