Chapter 16: What will his response be?

Recap from last chapter:

I turned to Shawn and he turned as well.

"What?" He asked.

"I..I love you!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He looked at me with wide eyes. I looked down with my eyes shut.

I bet my face was even more red than my flames. Sometime passed by and he still hadn't answered. I didn't want to think of his silence as rejection so I just said, "Y - You don't need to answer now! You can take your time and think about it!"

"I - I think we all should head back now or else we could fall sick." I said and started walking towards our house, the others following behind.

I flopped down on my bed after having a warm bath. I laid down on my stomach and put my head on my pillow. I sniffed. I felt tears form at the corner of my eyes.

Garry floated over towards me before settling down near my face.

"Melanie...Don't cry." He said soothingly.

"I - I knew I shouldn't have confessed! I knew he didn't like me that way. Heck I don't even think he took me as his friend! But if he did then I spoiled that too! I'm such an idiot! Why did I need to go tell him my feelings?! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Ugh!" I yelled half into the pillow, half at Garry's face.

"Melanie you can't say for sure that he doesn't like you as more than a friend. Maybe he does." He said.

"But he didn't say that after my confession!" I shouted.

"But he didn't even reject you did he? Maybe he was just shocked. Surprised that you liked him or maybe loved him. Maybe that's why he couldn't say anything and just kept mum. You never know." Garry said. He does have a point. Maybe I'm just over thinking this.

I sighed. "I guess you're right. I'm just over thinking this." I said.

I heard a knock on my door and it swung open to reveal Lori.

"Hey there Mel!!" She said and plopped down on my bed next to me.

I put on a fake smile and greeted her as well.

"Hey there. What up?" I asked.

She frowned. "What happened?" She asked. Am I that transparent?!!

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Don't even try to fake innocence. Something is up and you're not telling me. Aren't I your friend?" She asked pouting. I sighed and told her about my confession.

"WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?!!!!" She yelled loudly.

I shut my ears tightly with my hands to block out her loud voice.

She got off my bed and opened my room door.

"Aleeeeeeexxxxxxx!!!!!!! I want you in Mel's room right now!!!" She yelled.

Alex came rushing up and out of breath.

"W - What happened?!! Is Mel okay?!!" She asked hurriedly, that is until she spot me sitting on my be, completely fine.

She glared at Lori. "She's completely alright! Then why the hell did you call me up?!" She shouted. Lori ignored her and instead pulled her inside and shut my door.

"Mel confessed." Lori said.

Alex looked confused for a bit but then her eyes widened. She swiftly turned to me (So swiftly that for a second I thought her neck would come off. Seriously.)

"What?! When?!! How?!" She bombarded me with these questions. I explained everything to both of them and they squealed. They effing squealed. Are they for real?

"That is so cute!! So what did he say?!! Huh?! Tell us!" Lori shouted.

I looked down. Garry, who was beside me the whole time, sighed as well and told them about my indirect rejection.

"How could he not say anything?! That jerk!" Alex yelled.

"I'll be back." Lori said and was about to get up but I forcibly pulled her down.

"You're not doing anything insane." I said.

"But - "

"No buts."

She sighed.

We then spoke for some more time till we decided to head downstairs.

Once we reached down we spotted no one in the living room.

"Where is everyone?" Lori asked.

"Bry was saying that they were going to train together today. Maybe they are outside then." Alex said.

I then heard faint yelling from outside our house.

I walked towards the door and the girls followed me.

I opened the door and dodged just in time from a lightning arrow. Then a metal piece. Alex and Lori were able to dodge them as well with ease.

I then looked towards the direction from where it came and saw Bryson and Drew physically fighting. And Shawn stood near by.

"Bryson!!"

"Drew!!"

"We were about to get hit you know?!" Lori and Alex yelled together. That brought everyone's attention towards us.

I could feel Shawn's eyes burning onto my skull but I didn't dare to meet Shawn's eyes, in fear that he could easily read me. That and I was too embarrassed after confessing to him.

"Alex/Lori!!" They yelled back.

"You'll are training?" I asked. They nodded.

"Wanna join us?" Bryson asked. "Or are you scared that we'll defeat and you'll get hurt and then you'll cry." Bryson continued and made some crying faces and noises.

I smirked. "We'll see who cries in the end. Bring it on Bry." I said confidently.

He smirked as well and took his stance. I did the same.

The others stood in the corner beneath a tree. Garry went and sat down beside Rose.

"Come on Mel! Beat his ass!" Lori yelled. I gave her a thumbs up.

"Yea Mel!! Show him how strong you are!!" Alex yelled as well.

"Alex!! I thought you were on my side! Not fair!" Bryson complained.

I snickered while Alex just stuck out her tongue.

"She's my friend first!" She yelled.

"Boo ya!!" I yelled.

"Whatever! Let's get on with this fight!" Bryson yelled a bit annoyed.

"Just a minute!" Garry yelled and few over to me.

"What is it?" I asked. He came closer to whisper in my ear.

"I have some news. If you win this match....."

"Yeah?"

".....Shawn will tell you what he really feels about you." Garry said. My eyes widened and shifted to Shawn only to find him smirking. But that smirk soon turned into a small smile. I don't know what made me do it but I smiled back at him. I then turned to Bryson.

Well this gave me some more motivation to win, not that I didn't want to win before but still.

And I wonder,

What will his response be?

______________________________________

PLS READ!!!

I'm sorry guys but I won't be able to update till 13th October so for now this will be my latest update. And pls don't hate me for this!! Thank you for reading!