Chapter 14: Telling the girls

Melanie's POV

I quickly averted my gaze once I realised I was staring at Shawn.

I felt my already red cheeks burn even more.

"Melanie! You can take a 5 minute break." Garry said. I nodded and took the water bottle Rose gave me. I smiled at her.

"Thanks." I said.

"Your welcome!" She said and sat down beside me under the tree. She curled up around me. I felt nice and cool. This feels good during such a hot day. I picked her up and placed her on my lap letting the coolness seep into me.

Cold. That means snow. Means ice. Shawn has the ice element. Shawn...

I shook my head to remove all the thoughts about him.

"Melanie! Break's over! Let's get back to practice." Garry said. I did as said without arguing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly dragged my feet into the house. I saw everyone seated in the living room. Shawn included.

I just came and slumped down on the couch. I threw my head back and breathed heavily.

In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out.

"Where were you Mel? It feels like I haven't seen the entire day." Alex said.

"I was training."

"Alone?" She asked.

"No. With Garry." The words came out before I could stop myself.

"Who's Garry?" Alex and Lori asked.

"So you met him huh?" Bryson asked.

"You know him?" Alex asked him. He nodded.

"Hi there!! I'm Rose! I'm Shawn's dragon!" Rose popped out of nowhere and introduced herself.

Alex and Lori looked at her with complete shock while Bryson and Drew just smiled and waved at her. She then went and nestled onto Shawn's lap.

Soon Garry came too and sat on my lap.

"Hi. I'm Garry. It's nice to meet you'll." He said. I patted his head slightly.

"You have a dragon??!!" Alex and Lori yelled.

"Why didn't you tell us?!!"

I shut my ears as they were too loud.

"Calm down people. And I didn't tell you'll because I myself got to know I had a dragon today." I said.

"So does that mean you got to know about your past self being in the Great Six too?" Lori asked. My head snapped towards her.

"You know?" I asked.

"Drew told me." She said. We looked at Alex.

"Bry told me." She said.

"Ahh. It feels so good when you call me that." Bryson said. We all laughed while Alex told him to shut up.

Somehow or the other my eyes met Shawn's. His stare was so intense that I felt like averting my gaze. But I didn't. Couldn't. It was like his eyes were speaking to me but I didn't understand a thing.

I...I....I want to know what he thinks about me, what he feels about me.

Does he love me? Does he care for me? Does he want me? Does he need me? So many questions but not even a little bit of courage to actually go out there and ask him.

I finally shifted my gaze to the ground and sighed.

Time just flew and it was nighttime and we all sat at the dining table eating dinner.

I didn't have much of an appetite so I just poked at my food with a frown etched on my face. The thought that Shawn didn't like me that way and that he was just playing around with me got stuck in my mind since afternoon.

I hadn't spoken a word to him after that almost kiss and he didn't try to make much effort too. Maybe I was right, maybe he was just playing with my heart.

But that vision....

My past self and Shawn's past self were in love with each other and they were so happy together. I thought it would be the same now too but I guess I was wrong.

"Melanie!!" Lori yelled into my ear. I cringed at her loud voice and turned to glare at her sharply.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what?'? I've been calling your name since the past five minutes!" She said.

She was? I must have not paid much attention.

"Sorry, I was just thinking. So what were you saying?" I asked faking a smile. But she easily saw through it and frowned in response.

"I was asking if you were alright. You haven't eaten anything yet and you don't seem as happy as you always are." She said concern lacing her voice. I can't believe that she can read me so easily.

"It's nothing. I'm fine. I just don't have much of an appetite." I lied. Only about the first part.

She kept frowning. That's when I noticed that the boys were no longer here and in the living room. I noticed Alex drinking water from a bottle.

"You, me and Alex, we all know that you're lying Mel, so spill it. Don't you trust us? Aren't we your friends?" She asked. Alex looked up at me too. So she was hearing our conversation too.

I sighed. "Of course I trust you'll. And you'll are my friends. Best friends." First friends actually. I smiled.

"Then why don't you tell us? We know something is bothering you. Maybe you'll feel better if you tell someone." Alex said.

I sighed.

There's no way out of this, eh?

"Fine. I'll tell you'll. It's just that......" I started and told them everything.

From when I met Garry and Rose, how I got the vision, how I got to know about me being part if the Great Six, how we found Lori and Drew making out (Lori blushed at this), how Shawn almost kissed me and I wanted to too but we're interrupted by Garry and Rose, how I got one more vision in which both our past selves were kissing and looked like they were in so much love, to how none of us tried to approach each other and till how I felt that he was just playing with me.

"Whoa. This all happened in just one day?" Lori asked. I glared at her. Is this the only thing that she took from that long speech I gave?

She raised her hands in surrender.

"I want you to go talk to him." Alex said. My eyes widened.

"What?!"

"You love him don't you?" She asked.

"Well....love is a strong word....I think like would suit well?" I said it more like a question rather than a statement.

"Okay, so you love him. If you want to know how he feels about you, then go talk to him, sort everything out." She said.

"But what if he doesn't feel the same? What if it was all just a game for him?" I asked bitterly.

"What if he did feel the same? What if he reciprocates your feelings? Don't you wanna know? Maybe it would bring you good." She said.

Well, she does have a point.

"I - I'll try." I said still unsure.

"Good. Sometimes girls should be the one asking the guy out rather than the opposite." Alex muttered.

With that said, I made up my mind.

I'm gonna tell Shawn how I really feel.