Chapter 8: What?....A camp??

It's now been 4 months since I came to the Elemental Academy and I must say I've been doing really good in mastering both my powers.

I can easily shoot long chains of fire and also create a fire barrier around me.

Just the day before yesterday I learnt how to create an extremely huge fire dragon which attacks my opponents without any of my instructions. And I learnt this on my own without any professor's help.

My offense and defence both improved exceptionally. I didn't think I could become so good in only a few months time but I did. The teachers were also confused at how I could master things so fast. But Mrs. Withersfield was really proud of me and I was even leveled up!

Oh I didn't tell you'll?

Every student here gets leveled based on how strong their power is and how well the student can control and use it.

When I first came here, just like all the new students I was level one too. But now I'm level 4! And there are 6 levels in total. Alex and Lori are still level 3 but they'll be at par with me in no time. I'm sure. Bryson, Drew and Shawn are all at level 6. I think they're the only ones in that level. But I'll be one of them too in some time! I swear to God!

I even improved my Air element a lot. I can now make whirlwinds and also fly in the air. I can cut opaque objects easily with my Air element too. I can even create a breeze enough to blow away things.

I'm still working on the flying thing though. Krystal has been really happy with me. But I'm not! She keeps telling me that I'm the same as what Shawn was in the first few months after he entered the academy. I don't want to be as good as him. I want to be better!! Ugh. I just have to work harder I guess.

But let me tell you'll one thing, it's gonna be Christmas vacation soon and I'll be heading home for a few days! I'm so glad I'll be able to see my parents again. I'm dying to see them!

"Mel!! Are you ready?! We need to leave now!" Lori yelled from outside.

"Ya ya. I'm coming!" I said and grabbed my bag filled with books.

We headed straight to the main hall for breakfast. Oh yeah. I don't wear my hoodie anymore. Well not since that day. When Shawn told me that I shouldn't hide my hair from anyone.

I don't know why I listened to HIM and not Alex!! But it just felt wrong to wear it after that day. I was even teased by Alex and Lori to no end. I remember it so clearly.

Flashback

After we parted from the boys, we headed to our room first since we were not all that hungry.

I was currently in my room with my hand on my heart, wondering why Shawn said something like that. I had removed my hoodie and kept it on my bed.

A few minutes later Alex called out to me.

"Mel, we should go for dinner now or else it would get too late." She said.

"I'll be there in a second!" I said and quickly washed my face and put on some lip gloss. I brushed my hair a bit and tied it in a side ponytail before going out of my room.

Alex and Lori looked at me confused.

"What?" I asked.

"You aren't wearing you're hoodie?" Alex asked.