Chapter 6. "Sweet" Dreams

"One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

*Eid Mubarak, guys! ✨💕 Comment the amount of money you collect so that I can envy you 😂*

Chapter 6. "Sweet" Dreams

"Daddy." Hazel cried out, hugging her father's leg like her life depended on it, which it did.

"Baby, don't you worry about it. Everything's alright." Her father tried to assure her. His face glistened with sweat and marks and black spots appeared all over his face and hands. He hugged Hazel back making her feel comfortable than ever. Just then, a horrific scream filled the atmosphere and both their eyes averted to the building which was ignited in flames and smoke. She immediately recognized the screams as her mother's and her eyes widened in realization. Both of them looked at each other and her father was the first one to speak.

"Baby, wait here. I will bring your mother back. Even though I told her to stay here. Dammit." He muttered the last word to himself.

"But daddy-" He cut her off.

"I am your superhero and I vowed to keep you and your mother and brother safe. I will be back. Stay strong. Stay safe. And remember that I love you." He kissed Hazel on the forehead and ran inside the building.

Hazel wanted to run after him but something held her back and that something was one of the firemen's arm who pulled her into his back. Hazel screamed and tried to break free by thrashing her small limbs around but she was no match compared to the strong and buff fireman.

The tears ran down her face but she stopped as soon as she saw her father with her mother and small brother in his arms. Her eyes were closed but she still held the small baby bag with great force, not allowing him to fall. She even had that small white colored teddy bear which her father had gifted to her. The words "I love you" imprinted on it's belly were now black.

"Mama!" Little Hazel screamed, enthusiastic to see her whole family again as well as the gift that meant the whole world to her. She smiled, despite the whole situation and tried to break free again.

The sound of the walls collapsing echoed around her ears. Her father now picked up speed but knew that they weren't going to make it.

The last thing she saw was her father throwing his wife and only son towards where Hazel stood before the building collapsed onto him. His eyes glassy but still he managed to pass Hazel a faint smile. A smile which meant everything to her.

Hazel jolted awake at the dream or nightmare she had which reminded her of her past. She sat upright and rested her head against the headboard while tears silently ran down her face at the memory. Her tears mixed with her sweat before Hazel wiped them away. She looked around and walked towards the bathroom before washing her face then faced the mirror.

Her face was a mess and so was her hair. There were eye bags under her eyes and she looked sleepless. Something wet rolled down her cheeks and she realized how much she missed her father. She brought both her palms to her cheeks, cupping them and cried silently.

"Wow, you look like crap" Her wolf, Silver, decided to make her entrance.

"Thanks, you're a good friend" Hazel rolled her eyes at her "It's not like you look any better though."

"I'm still a part of you and you love me" Silver smirked out.

"Unfortunately, I do." Hazel replied and and blocked her wolf.

Hazel washed her face, making sure that no part of any tears remain but still, her eyes were red and puffy .Walking out, she went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. She settled on scrambled eggs and toast with coffee which she ate silently. She felt empty, without Scarlet there to give her company and ranting about her fiance. Sighing, she picked up her plates and washed them.

Walking back inside the small room, she decided to unpack the little stuff she had stuffed in her bag. She took out her clothes and folded them into the small built- in cupboard. She had bought a few jeans along with some tee shirts, a hoodie, in case it gets too cold and a red and white colored buttoned up shirt with black pencil skirt. She only had three pairs of shoes, one sneakers she wore from yesterday, a black colored heel and a blue converse. Next, she picked her brush and other few cosmetics and placed them on the small dressing table. All bottles of shampoo and conditioner went in the bathroom, along with her toothbrush and she was done. Satisfied with herself, she picked out another outfit and went to take a quick shower. The water rolled down her body making her sigh in contentment. She scrubbed her favorite shampoo on her hair, making sure that it reached her scalp and used her conditioner before walking out with a towel around her. She changed into her jeans and shirt and checked her phone for any messages or updates and there were.

Scarlet- 8:47 am
Girl, check your account right now. Gavin sent about six thousand dollars for you to start off. You need to do some shopping now. Like, right now. Be sure to spend it wisely. And by wisely, I meant by buying some sexy lingeries *wink*. Okay, all jokes aside, go around, check for a new job, you desperately need one and for that you need to impress your boss by some cute pencil skirts and office wears. Love ya <3

Hazel almost gaped at the amount of money he had sent. She was grateful that she was bestowed with friends like them and hoped that they would never leave.

Hazel- 9: 53 am

Wow! 6000 dollars is sure a lot. Say thanks to him on my behalf. And about that sexy..... I'm just going to ignore that. Thanks for the idea though. Will go shopping today and I'm going to be sure to find a decent job tomorrow.

After that, she brushed her hair and decided to do some shopping for more outfits if she were going to find herself a job. Walking out, she smiled at Luciana who was attending some more people at the reception desk who passed a smile back. She hailed a cab and soon enough, she was off.

Yayyy! Another update! Honestly, I'm super excited for Hazel and her fate.

Please comment your thoughts on this chapter...*puppy dog eyes*

Speaking of which,

Question:

Cats 🐈 or dogs 🐕?

*Squealsss*