Chapter 35. The Revelation

"I have learned that raising children is the single most difficult thing in the world to do. It takes hard work, love, luck, and a lot of energy, and it is the most rewarding experience that you can ever have."
-Janet Reno

Chapter 35. The Revelation

*time skip*

"Hey Luna," Scarlet beamed as she came inside Hazel's room without knocking on the door. She was currently in the Fire Pack because Hazel yelled at Michael asking him that she needed Scarlet there with her without telling him the reason. Michael- being the lovesick puppy he was, agreed because he didn't want to upset Hazel as that would mean a night sleeping alone on the couch.

Almost three weeks had passed by since they finished the bond. Their scents mingled together and they wore each other's marks proudly. The event still brought pleasure to Hazel and she had forgave Michael for his mistakes. How could she not? With his sweet words and gentle caresses, how could she not forgive him?

They had been doing 'it' every day now since neither of them could keep their hands off each other. Their love for each other intensified with each passing day and Hazel was finally going to say I love you to him, until today happened.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Scarlet asked, rushing to the bed on which a teary eyed Hazel sat. She enveloped her in a hug and tried to shush her all the while wondering what was up with her best friend.

Hazel held out a stick for Scarlet to see. Confused, Scarlet took the stick and Hazel burst out sobbing again.  Scarlet looked at the stick and gasped loudly. It was a pregnancy stick and two lines on it proved that she was carrying another pup!

"Hazel, this is the best news I've ever heard in a while! Oh my Goddess, you're carrying a pup and not just any pup, you're carrying Michael's pup." As she mentioned his name, more tears started flowing down her cheeks.

"I don't get it. Why are you crying?"

"He won't love me anymore. What if he doesn't accept us? Where will I go then? What if he thinks that I'll become fat and bloated? Then he won't find me pretty anymore! Oh God, I'm so screwed. I have to get out here. I have to go away from here. I have to-"

"Woah woah woah, girl, calm your horses," Scarlet chuckled and cut off her ranting.

"Have you talked to him about this?" Scarlet asked and Hazel shook her head 'no.'

"Does he know?" She asked and Hazel shrugged.

"I don't think so." Hazel sighed.

"Girl, he loves you more than love sick puppy. And I've seen it in his eyes, his promise and devotion to you. He would go to the ends of the earth for you. And I'm telling you, he will be so ecstatic to hear about your pregnancy. He will love you and your pup till eternity," She consoled Hazel and she nodded her head.

"You're right, I should tell him today," She sniffed but smiled widely at Scarlet and they both hugged each other.

**********

"Hey, babe?" Hazel said, peeking her head inside Michael's office. He was working on some papers with his head in his hand. He sat up at Hazel's voice and smiled at her.

"Yeah?" He smiled, inviting her inside. She closed the door behind her and went to him. Now that she was looking at him, she saw how tired he looked. There were bags under his eyes and they looked devoid of any sleep. His smile was more of a forced one and there were wrinkles forming on his face.