Chapter 39. His Return

Chapter 38. His Return

Hazel's eyes fluttered to the sunlight that was falling on her and her mate beside her, the bright light making her open her eyes slowly. She felt an arm draped around her waist and her legs were entangled with a hairy one. She turned her body and looked at her sleeping mate, butterflies swarming in her stomach.

She gently traced his defined features with her finger. Starting from his forehead and bringing it down to his cheek and jaw line. She traced the slight subtle that had formed. He looked so peaceful while sleeping. No worries, no duties, no commands or orders, just sleep. 

He looked peaceful.

She kissed him on the forehead and proceeded to remove him off of her so that she could freshen up. After doing the usual morning rituals, she made her way downstairs to the kitchen and get some breakfast. The Pack was in usual hustle. People hungrily made their way towards the tables after grabbing their desired meals and ate their breakfasts while talking. She walked in between them, people nodding at her and addressing her as, "Luna." She felt proud of herself and smiled at all of them.

Grabbing her breakfast which was scrambled eggs with orange juice and some toast, she slid off into a table at the farthest corner and faced the window outside. Trees covered the whole area and she ate silently while watching animals dance under the sun. 

Suddenly, she saw two eyes emerge from one of the bushes. They were golden in color and looked fierce. Hazel was trapped in them. She couldn't move, she couldn't avert her eyes, she couldn't blink. All the other voice died down as she stared at the two eyes. She felt as if they were calling her. She felt as if something big awaited her. She felt the need to follow them.

So, she did.

She left her plate of food there on the table and walked out of the pack house. No one stopped her from doing so. Why would they?

She reached the place she had found the eyes and searched frantically for any clues or scent but found nothing. It seemed as if the person had masked their scent. She heard a low growl from somewhere and she whipped her head in the direction. The eyes were there again. Slowly, Hazel took tiny steps towards the eyes. Just as she was about to reach them, they turned around and a black wolf started running towards the opposite direction.

Hazel growled and shifted into her own wolf. Her wolf senses made her able to look for the black wolf who was fleeing from her and she ran after him. They ran for miles and miles, none of them backing down. Hazel refused to give up. 

Soon after that, Hazel realized that she was in a more denser area. The Pack's scent was nowhere to be found. Her lungs burned and she felt really thirsty for some water. Her legs and body ached and wailed in favor of some rest. She was pregnant, for Goddess sake! A weird smell dominated the area and she furrowed her eyebrows.

This isn't right.

She felt two arms wrap around her neck and another which put a cloth on her face. She panicked and her eyes widened in fear. She inhaled the substance on the cloth and a dizzy state took over her. She wanted desperately to not close her eyes, to not give the men the feeling of satisfaction, to not leave her mate in a worried situation, to not harm her child, but she failed. Her stupidity and curiosity ad failed her.

The golden eyes' owner came into view and she gasped. 

"I...it's.....y-you," She whispered before darkness took over her and she fell limply to the ground.

***********

She woke up again with her body tied to something and her head pounding with pain. A dim glow illuminated the small room she was in. Her throat was parched and swallowing her own saliva made her feel as if there were thorns in her throat. She tried to move but the restraints prevented her from doing so. She tried to scream but she had no energy to do so.

Is my baby okay?

That was the only thing Hazel was worried about. Was her pup okay? Was it hurt or injured? Goddess, please let it be okay.

The door opened and a man walked in with two other men behind him. They looked like guards with guns in their hands. They stepped forward first and Hazel looked at their manly faces with disgust. The man stepped forward afterwards and Hazel gasped. So, her eyes did not defy her after all.

"So, I finally have you here," He smirked at Hazel. Hazel felt the tears in her eyes as flashbacks of what happened that day came into her mind.

"He did say he'd come for you. I'm just here to avenge him," He grinned slyly and Hazel felt sick once again.

"You're pathetic," Hazel croaked out and the grin left his face. He walked over to her and slapped her. Hard. Hard enough to leave a stinging sensation and a red mark. 

"You're a shitty excuse for a Luna, whore." He spat.

"Why are you doing this?" She whispered.

He laughed whole heartily as if Hazel had said a joke which he found so funny. His head was thrown back and his shoulders moved in with his laugh. 

"You stupid bitch, I pity you," He sighed still with a grin on his face as he removed a fake tear. 

"You stole my father away from me and my position as future Alpha. It was all I had left in my life. Everyone else had deserted me. You left the only thing I cared most about," He growled.

"You weren't fit to be Alpha, Stephan," She smirked and he punched the place where he had slapped her leaving yet, another bruise there. Hazel whimpered at the pain.

"I will win my position back. And this time everyone will know me as the Alpha of the Fire Pack," He smirked and Hazel scrunched her brows in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"See, you worthless slut, I will do the things to you I wanted to the day you first met me," He said and smirked making Hazel cringe. 

"Then, I will rip out your child from you with my bare hands," He said and Hazel gasped. She shuddered as a weird sensation filled her lower body.

"You will die of the pain and so your filthy mate will die," He shrugged. "And then they'll have to accept me as their Alpha," He laughed and Hazel whimpered slightly.

She remembered the dream she had. The Moon Goddess had said that if she were good then she'll survive. 

But good as in, comply his orders...?

She won't. Not even on her dead body!

But should she? For the sake of her child?

Goddess, help me!