Chapter 23. "Anything for you"

“We loved with a love that was more than love.”
– Edgar Allan Poe 

Chapter 23. "Anything for you"

The days passed by in a blur. Michael fired some more employees from his company because he wasn't able to bear with the fact that one day Hazel's heart would stop. He was feeling a lot of things. He felt regret and guilty for not telling her that they were mates. His wolf was getting worse and worse each passing day. He could feel the connection with his mate slowly decreasing and he feared that it would snap one day, like a twig, broken into two.

Days turned into weeks and a month had passed. Michael would visit Hazel everyday and whisper sweet things into her ear. Usually it ended with him crying while holding her hand or with him falling asleep in an awkward position only to get a stiff neck in the morning.

He had imagined different scenarios inside his head over what he was going to say to her when she wakes up. All of them included him telling her that he was a werewolf and she was tied with him. He feared that if he told her this on her hospital bed, she would freak out and he would surely never have the chance to gaze in her awestruck Hazel eyes again.

He shuddered at the thought.

He had also improved her eating arrangements when he noticed that she got thinner and paler. Her diet consisted of more proteins now.

Apparently, due to the collision, Hazel had lots of internal bleeding and suffered from a crack at her skull which was the reason of why she didn't wake up as quickly as Michael did.

Michael was in his office working and taking care of some company business when his phone rang.

"Who is it?" He barked.

"Excuse me, sir, you had asked to be notified of any movement or behavior from Hazel Grayson. We want to inform you that she is awake now."

Michael froze.

She's awake?

"What did you say?" He asked, shocked and bewildered.

"I said you had asked to be-"

"Not that! The last part!" Michael wanted to snap at the guy for being so lazy. Even though he knew it was him who was being overly impatient.

"She's awake, sir. Hazel Grayson is awake."

Oh God.

"I'll be there in five," He said and hung up the phone.

He hastily shrugged his coat on and dashed off. He did not bother to ask his driver to drive him there as he knew his impatience would tear his brain apart. He turned on the ignition and went off.

*****

"How long has it been?" Hasel asked in her hoarse voice as she attempted to get up and grab the water glass that was beside her.

"It's almost been a month and five days," The doctor in front of her answered. Hazel gasped feeling sad that she got to miss out a month of her life.

"Don't worry. It's a coincidence you're alive."

"Was it that bad?" She asked. The doctor nodded.

"Now tell me, do you have a headache?" He asked. Hazel shook her head no. He ticked something in the notepad he was holding. "Chest burns?" Again, Hazel shook her head no. "Any other type of pain?"

"I feel stiff," Hazel replied.

"Oh that's because you haven't moved from your original position."

"Oh..."

She felt her sweaty feet and looked at it to notice a caste on it. She thought it was broken so she tried to move it. Thankfully, it moved like it had never been injured before.

"That's strange. It was supposed to take 3 months for it to fully heal..." The doctor said, scratching the back of his neck.

She wanted to tell him that it was wolf healing but that would cause a conflict between the humans and werewolves so it was better to leave him wondering.

He did a few more tests. Pressing her head, abdomen, chest and other places to see if she were in pain. He placed his hand on her's and the other between her breasts, where her heart was. He asked her to breathe lightly and she did. Just as she was about to take a second breath, a growl was heard from door and the doctor and Hazel both turned their heads to see who it was. Well, he turned his head to see who it was, Hazel had figured out from the scent and the sound of his growl.

So sexy.

They both returned to their original position, seeing as Michael's eyes were dark and filled with fury.

Hazel rolled her eyes and paid no heed to it. Turning back to the doctor she asked, "Was that all?"

The doctor nodded and left after bidding her goodbye and best luck.

It was only her and Michael in the room now.

Michael walked forward to her, one of his arms behind him. The air around them got thick and tense. She felt nervous and tingles shot up her body. She had missed a month of the feelings he made her feel and they were more strong now.

"For you," Michael said as he sat on the chair beside her bed and held out a boquet of white and red roses. She smiled widely and took them from his hand. She sniffed the flowers and turned to him. "Thank you," She said.

Suddenly, a lot of thoughts evaded her mind. She has missed a lot of days of the office. And she knew that the rules said that you can get a leave, if you submit an apolication or inform the company before.

She stared at him, wide eyes and panicked. Michael looked up at her too. Her features causing him to wrinkle his eyebrows.

"What's wrong? You don't like the flowers?"

She shook her head quickly, "No, I love them. But, I have missed the past month of my job and I know that you're aware of the fact that I was too...unconscious to submit an application or to call the company but I want you to know that I will dedicate my whole life to this company and I will never miss another day of work and I would do anything for you if you don't fire me. Just please don't fire me. Give me another chance. I promise to make it up-" Her rambling was cut off by Michael who had shushed her by placing his finger on her lips, an amused smile on his lips.

"Anything for my company or for me?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"For both, sir. Although, your company is yours so I would choose the latter," She blurted out.

He smirked. It was obvious he wasn't thinking of anything business.

"I won't fire you, Miss Grayson," He started and Hazel breathed a sigh of relief. "If you agree on your words and do anything I ask you to do."

Oooo what's Michael playing at here? 😏😏 Also, thoughts on this chapter? Let me know in the comments!

Question:

Green, blue or brown eyes? 👀