Chapter 7. Shopping

"A beautiful woman delights the eye; a wise woman, the understanding; a pure one, the soul."
-Minna Antrim

Chapter 7. Shopping

Hazel stopped in front of a mall. People were walking in and out of it and using the automatic double glass doors and Hazel gulped. She had never seen malls so big in any of the packs. She has heard that there are some in the Fire Pack but never dared to cross their territory. And the ones which were outside of her pack yet close to it, were not this big.

Shrugging off the feelings of discomfort, she walked inside and the cold breeze hit her face making her sigh in contentment. She tightened her high ponytail and started walking again, gawking at the amount of stores it contained. She walked in and out of a huge amount of shops and tried out a number of office wears but some of them were either too expensive or too....slutty.

Guess that's what's in demand these days.

Other than that, she bought some more clothes for herself. Jeans, shirts, dresses, just to fill up her closet. She also bought some sneakers, sandals and high heels for herself and a number of make up supplies.

She walked in another store which had some name written in French and decided that if this wasn't it, then she would go out and try some other mall. She had made sure to check which one of the malls captured the hearts of the people in New York and this was the one which had the best reviews. Sighing, she walked in.

The whole place smelled like lavenders and roses and the interior was purple in color. There was a make up section in the corner and thousands of dresses hung in hangers on rows everywhere. She was greeted by a sweet blonde lady with heels that clicked along the floor as she walked.

"Bonjour madame. Que puis-je obtenir pour vous aujourd'hui?" (Good morning ma'am. What can I get for you today?) She asked Hazel. Confused, Hazel tried to tell her through her eyes and facial expressions that she did not know how to speak French. The woman got the hint and then laughed, making her head fall back.

"Oh how silly of me. Well, what can I get for you today?" She asked in her French accent and flashed Hazel her pearly whites.

"I was just looking for some office wears but all of them were either too expensive or too...desperate." She explained, not afraid to speak her opinion.

The woman nodded her head in understanding. "Well don't you worry dear, we have just the thing for you," She said and blew a high pitched whistle. Two girls immediately scurried towards her and bowed their heads a little. They both had the same facial features and braced teeth so Hazel guessed that they were both twins.

"Montre à cette femme des vêtements de bureau. Prenez-la à la section B. Laissez-la choisir et lui montrer le dressing ensuite." (Show this woman some office wears. Take her to the B-section. Let her choose and show her the dressing room afterwards.) The woman said to the twins who nodded again. Hazel just stood there, not knowing what to say until one of the twins motioned for her to follow. Hazel followed them into another section.

Pencil skirts with buttoned up blouses and heels were seen all around. She walked over to one rack and saw that the prices were all decent enough for her to buy. Smiling, she put her hand on the quality and checked that the fabric was well too, meaning that she had found her place.

Something tugged her sleeve and she saw that it was one of those twin sisters, holding a hanger in her hand. Hazel took the hanger and the girl pointed at a door in the far corner which Hazel guessed was the dressing room. Smiling, Hazel walked inside it.

The whole place was surrounded with mirrors, except for where she was standing. She looked at the outfit to see that it was just another pencil skirt with a blouse above it. A black colored belt decorated the shirt and she wasted no time in trying it out. She walked out, feeling confident and the two girls looked at her before at them and nodded at each other. They both scurried to different directions and handed Hazel some more clothes for her to try on.

After about an hour of trying clothes, Hazel felt exhausted so she dropped herself on the purple couch inside. After a while, she walked to the receptionist where the girls smiled at her, handing her a dozen bags while Hazel paid them off. At about three o' clock, she was done with all her shopping. Finally.

Maybe not all since she had to buy her groceries too. Groaning, she hailed a cab and went to the nearest department store.

At about six, she struggled to open the lock of her apartment due to all the bags she held in her hands. Opening it eventually, she walked inside,  turned on all the lights and collapsed on the bed. She inhaled the scent and savored the feeling. Her limbs felt like they have been shredded apart and her eyes felt droopy and tired. But she did not surrender to slumber and stood up before deciding to place everything she bought in its perfect place.

She took her shoes off, removed her ponytail and got to work.

Hey lovies! Sorry, this was just a filler chapter to show that she did buy all the stuff, just for things to add up and make sense. And, I do not know how to speak French, just used google translate 😆. I assure you that Hazel will be meeting her mate soon. Till then, don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!

Thoughts on this chapter, please?

Question:

Headphones️ 🎧 or earphones 👂?

The Full Moon Ritualजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें