Chapter 16. The near-kiss

"They say a good love is one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head. But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn through the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix; the kind that cuts you loose like a wildfire and you can't stop running simply because you keep on burning everything that you touch! I say that's a good love; one that burns and flies, and you run with it!"
-C.Joybell C

Chapter 16. The collision

You can do this!

Just say it to him!

You cannot be ordered around!

I believe in you.

Hazel was going throw a phase of chaos and confusion inside her mind. Currently, she was standing in front of the boss's room as she consoled herself mentally, reciting the words she would say to him over and over again.

She took a deep breath, releasing it slowly before she groaned. I can't do this!

But you have to for the sake of your dignity!

I mean, c'mon! Who is he to barge in your office, handing you a pretty little invitation with his pretty little hand and use his pretty little mouth to order your pretty little ass around! It should be up to you whether you want to go or not. And most importantly, if you want to go with him or not. You could've asked Dylan to accompany you too.

Where would the fun be in that?

Oh, shut up wolf!

While arguing with herself, she didn't notice how long it had been since she was standing there before the door opened with a creak and she collided into a hard chest.

The impact was too large and she expected to crash on her bum but before she could, warm hands slid down her waist, holding her into position as she closed her eyes, her breaths ragged and her lips apart.

"What do you mean you can't complete the order?" Michael roared on the phone.

"I'm absolutely sorry sir but because of the debt of the company, we really can't ship it to you at the moment," The person at the other end of the line answered.

"It's your debt, why should I suffer because of it? Dammit!"

"We're sorry, sir-"

"Save it!" Michael said and ended the call. He sighed and raked a hand through his hair. He really needed some coffee before he exploded and fire half of his company's employees.

He'd also get to see Hazel in the process.

The thought of seeing Hazel made his heart warm. Two months have passed by after her employment and he couldn't have asked for a better secretary.

And his wolf liked seeing her too.

So it's actually a win win situation.

But the though of her saying that he only attracts gold diggers came into his mind and his heart suddenly went cold.

He really does need some coffee.

Fixing his tie, he walked out of the room with his squared shoulders and usual fast pace but was surprised when flesh collided with his own.

Because of his fast responses, he let his arms out to catch the slim piece of flesh before it fell only to be struck by fireworks that shot up his fingertips. It was then he noticed that it was Hazel who had her head buried in his neck while she breathed in and out unevenly. His breath got caught in his throat while his hold suddenly got tighter. Her scent hit his nostrils and his mind was filled with wild thoughts. He pushed his head a little further away from hers to examine her perfectly beautiful face.

Her eyelids were closed and her lashes perfectly emphasized her cheekbones. He moved his gaze downwards till it was on her pink and plump lips. He licked his own chapped ones. His eyes moved downwards till he examined her full and firm breasts and his hands twitched unwillingly.

Hazel's eyes fluttered open and a gasp escaped her lips. She immediately pushed Michael's chest making him lose his hold onto her and she fell. She groaned when she felt a sharp pain in her ankle and knew that she had sprained it.

She looked at Micheal with teary eyes to see him looking at her with anger and she knew that she was a goner.

"I'm so sorry sir. Please don't fire me. This won't be happening again," She pleaded.

Without saying anything, he bent down and scooped her up in his arms, carrying her bridal style. Gently, he laid get down on the couch which was inside his office but she sat up quickly.

He kneeled in front of her and Hazel's face turned confused as she tried to anticipate what his next move was.

He held her ankle in his hand and twisted it a little before she winced at the pain.

"Does it hurt bad?" He asked her.

What does it look like, idiot?

"No. I'm fine. I'll be okay. I have work to do so I better get back to it," She said before she tried to get back up again

Keyword: tried.

The sharp pain came back making her immediately fall back onto the couch and groan in pain.

Curse this!

"You're not going to get back up again. I'll get the first aid kit. Stay here," He said before he disappeared to the washroom.

Hazel pushed her towards her ankle and saw a bruise which was beginning to form. She looked at her heel which was placed beside her and saw it broken which was the reason she had fell.

Michael emerged back into the room, a first aid kit in his hand. He knelt down in front of her again and placed an ointment on it before he massaged it.

Hazel's body was lit because of the simple action. She wanted to tell him to stop but it felt so good. Finally, her skin had absorbed the cream and he wrapped a bandage on it.

She wanted to say 'thank you' to him but gasped lightly when his fingers trailed up her leg, to her knee and her thigh.

He inched his face closer to hers making her fall back on the couch lightly as she tried to avoid the close contact. Her wolf purred in delight seeing him up so close but her face masked confusion and panic.

"What are you doing to me, Hazel?" He growled, his eye color turning dark. Hazel gasped when she thought his eyes had turned golden but her thoughts and assumptions vanished when he brushed his lips against her neck. She felt him breath in her scent and saw his canines extend a little.

He placed a kiss on the area where he was supposed to mark her and Hazel moaned lightly.

Michael looked at her and smiled a little when he realized the effect he had on her. He trailed kisses up her neck to her jaw and brushed his lips against her. Her wolf purred at the feel of having her mate in such close proximity and her body quivered slightly.

Hazel's lips quivered a bit and her body suddenly wanted more.

"I'm going to kiss you now, Hazel," Michael whispered, his voice thick and hoarse with emotion.

Hazel nodded, unable to think of anything else and waited for the feel of his lips against her own. Just as his lips were centimeters away, a knock was heard on the door making Michael groan.

I'm going to kill whoever it is!