Chapter 30. Confessions and assurance

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
– Pablo Neruda 

Chapter 30. Confessions and assurance

Two weeks have gone by, the Alpha of the Water pack was tortured to death while his son was given a second chance. He claimed that he was threatened by his father who said that he would not be given the Alpha title if he did not do as he told. Either way, his Alpha title was taken from him and handed over to the beta of their pack, Samuel, who so far has been doing a good job at being Alpha.

All the ranks were set up and everything was back to normal now. Well, except for Hazel and Michael. They have rarely been talking since Michael has been so busy but now that he was done, he vowed to make up for the time he had not spent with her.

He went inside the pack house's kitchen to see that Hazel was making a sandwich for herself. Her hair was glistening in the sunlight and she moved softly to some tune she was humming. It was times like these that Michael could not decipher why he had been paired up with an Angel.

An Angel for the Devil.

Summoning all his courage, he went behind her and tied his arms around her small waist. He felt Hazel stiffen for a second and smirked at the effect he had on her. Ignoring him, she continued making her sandwich.

"My beautiful mate," He whispered in her ear, trying to seduce her and kissed her neck. She shuddered. He brought his nose to touch her neck, then her jaw and cheek and placed a kiss there. He felt a sharp pain in his stomach and clutched it tightly. Fucking shit! She had elbowed her in the stomach. Trying to hide a grin, she picked up her sandwich and started making her way towards her room which was one of the guest rooms. She stayed there even though Michael had told her to stay with him in his room, but she refused.

She could hear him calling her name as she took long strides towards her room. As soon as she went inside, she slammed the door shut and locked it before sitting on the bed and sighed.

She missed him. She knew that she could just hug him and be with him whenever she wanted but she was too stubborn and angry at him.

"Hazel, open the door," She heard knocks from beyond the room and the doorknob twisted. It's lock, genius.

"Open the door, Hazel," His knocks got louder and she could hear the anger behind his voice. She refused to, chewing on her sandwich.

"Okay fine, I'm going then," He said and sighed. Hazel felt disappointed, she wanted him to show that he cared. Sighing, she went to the door and opened it. He jumped in front of her making her yelp in surprise.

"Hello," He grinned at her, stepping inside.

"I thought you went. You said that you're going!" She said, placing her hands on his chest trying to push him back out.

"Well, I didn't, as you can see and I don't plan to," He said, walking as if her pushes had no effect on her. He locked the door behind him as soon as he stepped inside the room. He grinned at her while she scowled at him.

"Why are you here?" She asked, the scowl still etched on her face.

"I wanted to talk to my mate."

"There is nothing to talk about, Michael." She sighed and sat down on the bed.

"Tell me Hazel, what is bothering you? I'm sure we can work it out." He said, kneeling down in front of her and placed her hands in his own.

She bit her lip and looked down, a simple action which caused him to get a hard on. But he controlled himself, telling himself that it was not the time.

"Please tell me Hazel, not being with you is driving me insane," He pleaded. He has never done this before and probably sounded like a softie but he did not care. Anything for his mate.

"I'm scared, Michael." She confessed.

"About what?" He asked, confused.

"I'm scared that we will not work out. That we will end up getting hurt in the end. I'm scared that we won't have a happy ending. I know who you are and how you act with people. What if you become the same person with me? What if you become ruthless or cruel at my small mistakes? What if you hurt me physically? I know I'm not stronger than you and I've seen the way you act when things don't go your way. Remember? I used to be your personal assistant. Everyday, I used to fear that you would fire me or snap at me. I don't want to be scared of you Michael. I want something comfortable. I want to be assured that you won't treat me the same way you treat others. I want you to look at me like I'm special, like you found a gem, like I brought light into your darkness. I want you to tell me you feel something for me and I need constant reassurance because I'm scared," She whispered, pouring out all her thoughts and fears out to him.

"And an attention whore," her wolf snapped. Mentally rolling her eyes, she ignored her and listened curiously to his thoughts. A part of her was scared that she spilled too much and he'd laugh at her. But a part of her felt good that she got it off her chest.

"Baby, we will work out. And I want you to know that I do feel something for you, it's a strong pull that attracts me to you. You attract me to you, everything you do pulls me towards you. I might be an Alpha and I might be a business tycoon but I can never lift a hand on you. I can never hurt you. Just seeing you cry and hurt makes me want to tear the reason apart. And you are really special to me. I don't know what I  would do without you. Hell, I am nothing without you. And I don't want you to be scared of me. I want you to be comfortable with me. I want you to work it out with me. You're the Luna of this pack and the mother of my pups. You're my Luna and I can not even bear the thought of losing you," He replied, staring into her eyes intently as her eyes teared up.

"Tell you what, go on a date with me tomorrow. And you can give me your answer then," He suggested the idea and Hazel nodded her head. He placed her hands on her cheeks and kissed her forehead. Hazel smiled at the contact and closed her eyes, savoring the feeling.

"6'o clock tomorrow. I'll be waiting for you," He whispered before walking out.

Stuff like these makes me want to have a boyfriend 😶

Anyways, thoughts on this chapter? Who knew Michael had that soft side in him? 😁

Question:

Are you single 👤 or taken 👥?