The beginning

Read the table of contents! It shall enlighten you all a bit, in case you have any doubts. If not, feel free to ask!

The scared beautiful lady listened to the quietness outside, wondering if it would be safe to leave already. She had been stuck inside that tiny trapdoor for long days, she had even lost count. There was this horrible burning smell and she wondered if there was a fire.

She was brave enough unlock the trapdoor and carefully look around, trying to notice some presence. When she sensed there was no one but her, she finally descended into the little wooden house. That was when she noticed…

“Oh, god!” she quickly tried to run outside the place, but she noticed the main entrance was blocked. The fire was quickly consuming the wood and she was still trapped inside.

She was afraid of calling for help. The person who might come to the rescue could kill her faster than the fire itself.

She looked around, there was no way she would die after all that she has been through. She felt the skin on her left shoulder starting to burn, she probably touched something. And her whole body would be seared if she didn’t find a way out soon.

She finally spotted a small iron stick, but it would have to do. She put all her strength into her arms and hit the walls, now weakened. It took her some moments to be able to dig a hole, with lots of barbs, and jump out. The scratches on her body and the feeling of burned skin weren’t enough to make her yell in pain.

Her eyes gave her the most shocking image instead. Everything around was destroyed. The majority of the houses were down, there was a lot of smoke in the air. She walked around to see many bodies on the floor, only some of them still alive. Some other people cried, mourning the loss of their families and houses. She kept walking, making her way to the Royal Palace, where she has worked since she could remember.

The Palace seemed to be the only thing still standing. Its white stunning architecture didn’t seem so now.

“It is finally over” One of the few guards at the entrance of the Palace told her as she approached. The beautiful lady looked through his painful and shattered eyes “W-What happened?” She whispered

“The island was attacked. No one could have predicted this. Wedgemore has been quiet and in peace for centuries” The guard answered “No one was prepared. Everything is destroyed. Many lives were taken” He looked down

“The Queen?” The lady whispered

“Not a bruise, as well as the princesses. The Palace was not invaded”

“W-Why?”

“I have no idea. It is weird, though.” The young man said as another guard appeared

“The queen has been asking for you, milady”

The lady started walking inside, without further words

“You are hurt” The younger guard stopped her

“I am fine” She whispered stepping forward to the Palace.

As she reached the Palace’s Main Hall, Princess Ryia was the first to see her “DIANA!” She yelled making Janet and Alice, the other princesses, and Queen Gloriana look in her direction

The Queen looked at her with an evil expression “Where have you been? We’ve been here starving during these days!” She shouted at the lady

“I deeply a-apologize, my Queen” She looked down “I-I was caught in the middle of the uproar and had to hide…”

“I don’t care about those uninteresting excuses! Make us some food right away!”

The lady looked down, her body was sore and tired

“As you wish, my queen”

The lady left, listening to the royal family’s insults.

Not many miles away from there, Prince Robert of Stonegate was lying in a comfortable bed, enjoying the presence of two women.

“Hmmm, my prince” Moans could be heard

“Keep your mouth occupied, woman” The prince coldly said, looking down at the woman with his manhood in her hands.

The other woman leaned into the prince “Your highness should visit us more often” her smile was enormous.

The prince ignored her and looked at the other woman “Are you enjoying yourself too much, woman?”

“Hmmm”

A few seconds later, there was a knock at the door and a young, blond haired man appeared

“Ahh, Thomas” The prince smiled “Care to join me?”

Thomas de Montfort was a young Captain who helped Prince Robert commanding Stonegate’s Army and was also the prince’s best friend.

“No, Robert. The council is reunited, you should come” he said

The Prince sighed “Woman, you heard the Captain. Stop”

Both women quickly stepped aside, not wanting to annoy their prince.

“Shall we, then?” The prince quickly gathered his clothes and left to the huge Castle.

Indeed, there were lots of men together and waiting.

“What’s the reason of the feast?” Prince Robert sarcastically smiled as he entered the Main Hall.

An older man named Walter quickly got up, not amused “You were the one calling for a council’s meeting!”

“Oh, was I?” Prince Robert smirked, slowly walking to his mother, Queen Beatrix of Stonegate.

She sighed when he kissed her forehead “You are incorrigible, Robert. Where have you been?!” She whispered to him

“Uh, busy, mother” He sat down on the table and looked at the men in front of him

“We have been here for almost two hours!” The same old man said, impatient

The Prince glared at him in a threatening way “Is there something bothering you, Walter?”

The man’s expression immediately changed “Do you have more important matters to attend other than the ones concerning your Queen?!” The Prince raised his voice, making the man shiver

“N-No, my prince. I-I deeply apologize” he looked down

“Good. Sit down” The prince commanded

When everyone was finally sitting, he spoke “I need you to tell me what you know about Wedgemore”

“Why the sudden interest?” Lord Cornwallis, a close friend to the Royal family of Stonegate, spoke

 “I believe I do not need to give you explanations” The prince coldly said “I want all the information you can give me about Wedgemore”

Wedgemore, the independent island, was located near the Stonegate north coast. Therefore, the Prince was convinced the attack had second intents. After all, Stonegate was the stronger kingdom of the Continent. Surely, Stonegate was a big interest for many others.

Hello guys!

So here's the first chapter! 

Any thoughts? Do you like it?

I wanted to say again that it is purely fictional, the places don't exist and I just made everything up (with the help of medieval names after a search on the net :b).  So, the story takes place somewhere during the medieval times.

Please, tell me what do you think!

What do you think of the cast?

Please comment!

If you don't think it is a good idea, then I don't do it!

PS - If anyone here is good doing covers and is willing to try something nice for this story, I'll be more than grateful, since I suck doing them!

Love you all,

Carly*