Wreckage

Robert’s POV

I let my body fall to my knees as I reached Diana. She was lying in a small bedroom, lying in the bed, sleeping peacefully, yet looking so pale.

“Princess…” I kissed her forehead.

My blood and dirt were getting her stained.

“Prince Robert…” One of the maids approached him “You need cares your highness”

“Is she… Is she going to be alright?” I touched our foreheads together, the weight on my eyes almost winning my will to stay conscious.

“I believe she will. But you will not, if you will not let us take care of you, Prince Robert”

“B-But…”

“You will not leave this room, if you prefer so”

I finally nodded.

I noticed my mother approaching me as well as a curium, who joined the maids. I remember feeling a huge pain, I remember seeing my mother tears as well as some maids tears.

I could not figure out if something else was happening or if they had lost someone on the battle… but after I asked, I cannot recall hearing their answer.

I might have fallen into darkness and embraced a very much needed sleep.

Queen Beatrix’s POV

Lord Cornwallis had approached me as I sat in the corner of the room, watching all the maids and the curium around my son’s body.

They told me he would be alright. There was only a bigger injury on his back, from an arrow, the rest were small injuries which would heal in its time. But I could not leave him now.

“The castle is already being clean and I have sent maids and other workers to put it back exactly as it was before.” He sat next to me “Diana’s name is already being spread all around, there are rumors about her and the Prince’s relationship already”

I frowned “Who started it?”

“I have no idea… but there are no words on Jasmine and…”

“Shhh” I immediately said.

I still could not say that out loud.

No.

I am not talking about Jasmine’s pregnancy, but about the tragedy that happened and that I did not have the courage to say to my son.

Not in that state and definitely not after what happened to Diana.

“Prince Robert does not know, yet?”

“No…”

“Oh” he looked down “I have spoken to the people saying he is resting and healing a few wounds. They all want to see their Prince with their own eyes. Many have not yet. Many still refuse to believe Prince Robert is really back”

“That will take a while.” I looked down “How is Thomas?”

“The boy is shattered… but already accepted medical care”

“Good.” I took a deep breath “Did we lose many men?”

“Some, yes”

“Make sure every injured gets medical care. And provide supplies to everyone. Feed everyone”

“Of course, your highness”

Robert’s POV