Sneak around

Diana hid in a corner, sitting on the floor, allowing her tears to fall. She was panicking, she felt her heart slowly breaking with the thought of the future days.

Now she had finally got him, now she had learned how to love and had this incredible person, she feared she was going to lose him for that woman. She could not blame her, yet, she couldn’t help but envy her for carrying his child. She gulped at the thought, she wanted to be the one giving him a child, make the perfect family.

In addition to all of this, she was so scared about the plans he was making with all the men would go wrong. She was so afraid of that battle.

She wanted to be there. She wouldn’t be able to sit on that room and wait for news.

She just couldn’t.

He didn’t seem to understand that.

She had no idea how long she was there, Robert never went after her, she thought he might do that. He didn’t.

“I am sorry” She heard the female voice of Jasmine.

Glancing up at the pregnant woman, Diana never replied.

Jasmine held her belly while sitting on the floor next to her “I would never try to break you apart from him. I never… intended for this to happen”

Diana took a deep breath “I know. It is not your fault” she whispered “You are carrying his child, though.”

“I am…” she whispered

“You love him”

Jasmine looked at her sadly “I did not chose to.”

Diana closed her eyes, tears falling.

“You will not lose him because of this. He can still love his child, without being with me. If he did that, it would be all I could ever ask for”

“Of course he will love that child…” she wiped her tears away “He is not heartless”

“I know. I saw that in his eyes, particularly in the moment you all stepped through that door.”

Diana looked at her “You changed him, he is different. I do not believe he would ever let go of you. If he ever did, that would mean he really became heartless”

Diana looked down, not knowing what to say.

The idea there was a child growing up on that woman’s belly and not hers still hurt her. She wanted to give Robert a child.

For the rest of the day, after hours and hours had passed, no one had any idea where the Prince might be, or if he was safe at all.

Diana was starting to get scared, Robert’s mother was starting to panic.

And the Prince never return for the entire next day.

Thomas and Charles were prepared to leave and go look for him.

Fear filled the entire room.

Where was the Prince?

*the day before*

Prince Robert was wandering around the small roads of the center of the city. Everything seemed so different.

Everything was so cold.

Hopeless.

He had been able to sneak outside the Castle without being noticed, and he would make the same way when he returned, he knew he had to be careful.

He had heard a few rumors already. About how Montagu was traveling already, back to Stonegate.

Robert was conscious he had to take the first step forward before he arrived. He knew Montagu, he was surely raging because the Prince, the captain and the Princess of Wedgemore were able to escape. And he would discharge his fury on the people.

The prince walked around, he needed to see someone known. He wanted to speak to some of his soldiers and spread his word on the city and the entire kingdom. They had to be aware of his presence in here. The Prince knew they were still faithful to him.

And if there was someone who wasn’t, at least they would prefer to fight by his side than see their worlds being shattered by Skeldergateans and Knavesmireans.

It was a matter of moments that, lost in his thoughts, he spotted someone.

Hello!

Sorry for the short chapter :(

Who do you think he spotted?

Who could it be, to make him go missing for the entire next day?

Stay tuned,

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*