What's our destination?

Diana smiled as she watched her Prince sleeping peacefully, at last. She couldn’t feel happier he was there. She could still see the horrible wounds in his back, caused by the arrows Knavesmireans threw against him when they were separated. She just hoped she would stop them from an infection. She did not have any good means to take care of those, but she would do her best.

She put a blanket over him, the night was warm, but she still did. She had taken one from the rooms of the ship.

Robert was right. They were only three people, they had to stick together, even if that meant sleeping at the deck of the ship.

She looked at a tired Thomas at the rudder, he also needed some rest.

“Hey, Thomas…” she approached him “How is your leg?”

He smiled at her “Getting better”

“You should rest, tell me what to do”

“No, Diana. You also have to rest, you saved our lives, you have not stopped all these days”

“You are both injured”

“Robert needs you more right now, I can handle this”

“Please Thomas, get some rest. Seriously. And let me take a look at your leg”

He looked at her “ok…”

“How do you conduct this?”

“It is simple…” Thomas explained it to her as she took care of his leg

“And which direction are you taking?”

“I thought about Wedgemore, again. I do not know, we all need to talk.”

“Stonegate is dangerous, right now” Diana spoke

“But we will have to go there, sooner or later.”

“It is not far from Wedgemore”

“Right. Any changes on the path can be done easily, anyway”

“Let’s talk about that tomorrow, then” Diana said

Thomas smiled “Of course”

“But, do rest now” She ordered, standing up

Thomas smiled, she was going to be a great Queen.

She smiled when she saw both men sleeping peacefully and deeply. She had to admit she was getting tired as well, though.

She could handle a few more hours though.

The sea was calm, the breeze was comforting.

She was not still used to travel in the sea, but, at the moment, she felt amazingly good in it.

Even more when she started to see the sun rising. It was a breathtaking sight to see, and she was glad her life allowed her to see something like that.

She tried to follow Thomas’ instructions and, after a few hours, she did not mind at all to let him take her place, after he woke up.

She softly went to lie next to Robert, who was still in a deep sleep. Who could blame him? He deserved all the time to rest.

She felt him moving though, when she got closer to her

“Shhh, keep sleeping, Robert.” She said

“Hmmm” he moaned “Where have you been?” he asked in a low, weak voice

“I told Thomas to sleep, I watched out for the ship…”

Robert showed a small smile “You are amazing” He tried to push her closer “Come… here”

She smiled at him and leaned down in his chest “I am not crushing you?”  

“Never… it feels better than ever” he kissed her forehead

She closed her eyes and listened to his heart beating

“But… then it is my turn to conduct and take care of…” Diana interrupted him

“No, you are resting, now”

“But…”

“No but, Robert.” Diana raised her head to look at him “Rest first”

He half smiled “You are going to be a strict Queen, I see”

She blushed intensely “I just want you to be ok”

“I am better than ever” He looked at her, caressing her face

Thomas looked at both “Pretty couple, if things ever get intense in this ship between you, just remember I am still here” He joked

Both smiled, as Diana looked at Robert “Are we a couple?”

Robert looked at her, his heart beating faster in his chest.

Both never talked about it.

Both never even talked about their feelings to each other.

There were some compliments, some sweet words, but nothing ever about their feelings.

“We still need to talk about our destination” Thomas said, interrupting their moment.

Robert looked at him “Destination?! What the hell? We are going to Stonegate”

“Are you sure?” Thomas looked at him

“Robert, all Knavesmireans, Skeldergateans and the rest of Wedgemore people are there”

“Who cares? Stonegate does not belong to them. I have people relying on me”

“They probably think you are dead”

“Does not matter!” Robert snapped “Head to Stonegate, now”

“Robert!” Diana ordered “You still have to recover, you need a plan! Or do you think you can go there, pretend to be a hero and take everything and everyone alone?!” She snapped as well

He looked at her, shocked, before saying “I make plans all the time, I’ll recover meanwhile.” He said “Besides, I know Stonegate's secrets better than any other Stonegatean”

Thomas looked at him “Secret paths?”

“Yes” Robert said

Diana looked at them, as Thomas continued

“I also know some, Prince. My father and your mother know some. They might had found out, already”

“No. My mother does not know all of them. And even if she did, she would never say.” He glanced at Diana “I’ll have all the time to recover and make plans” He whispered “But I need to go there”

Diana took a deep breath “Ok…”

“Fine, then. You know I’ll follow you everywhere” Thomas smiled

He smiled “Good” he smiled at him and turned to Diana, caressing her arm

She let her head fall on his chest as he continued “Take some rest now, Princess” he kissed her forehead

She smiled, she loved when he was like this.

Heeeey!

So, one more chappie!

What do you think?

Will they be able to get to Stonegate safely?

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*