Making Plans

“T-Thomas?!”

The young man looked at her closely, before softly smiling “Y-You are the maid of Wedgemore”

Diana smiled “Yes, what have they done to you?!”

“Oh, u-usual procedures” he whispered “I never got your name?”

“Diana”

“Diana…” He smiled “Why are you here?”

“Do you know where Robert is?!”

He looked at her, shocked. But a smile quickly appeared in his lips “I knew h-he was alive”

Diana smiled “He thinks you are dead, as well”

“He is here? So that is why they gave me a break in these last few days” He whispered, before looking at her cautiously “Diana? You s-said the door was unlocked?”

“Yes?”

“Then someone m-must be coming anytime now…”

Diana’s eyes widened “I-I have a dagger”

Thomas looked at her “I-I’ll take care of him, then” he tried to stand up, but fell right afater

“No, I will do it”

Thomas looked at her “ever killed a man?”

“N-No” Diana stammered, scared at the thought

“Knock h-him out. I will do it” he took a deep breath “It will be hard to find Robert”

“I will find him” She said

“What happened?”

“It is a long story.” She said, noticing someone approaching. She hid behind the big door as a man entered

He giggled “So, now we have what we want, you are no longer of use…” She quickly knocked him out.

“Look away” Thomas said before using her dagger to take the man’s life. “He has the keys” he whispered “You can lock ourselves inside, so no one would notice. And we can plan what we are going to do”

Diana smiled “That sounds like a good thing to do, but you are injured. You need to rest”

“I have studied with Robert the structures of these castles. I might know where they are keeping Robert” Thomas spoke

“Tell me. And I go there”

“It is not just like that, Diana. He will not be like me, he surely has someone guarding the place all the time. Besides, we need to think about how we are going to leave as well.” Diana sat down in defeat.

“You are right” she finally said “But we need to be quick, they are going to kill him!”

Thomas tiredly took a deep breath “We need something big to distract them…” he started

“…and take them out of the castle” Diana finished

“Exactly. I think I know where the main dungeon is. If I see the corridors”

“I think I can explain that to you”

“I knew he was alive” he smiled again “I knew it” The happiness on his expression made Diana smile. He had surely thought he was going to die, and now he knew he would not, excitement filled his every thought

At the big dungeon they were keeping the Prince, there were three soldiers waiting for the visit of the King, Bolbec of Knavesmire.

“Wake up, scumbag, you are going to need to make reverence” One soldier laughed, hitting the Prince’s chest hard

“Ah…” The Prince groaned in pain, his body now completely at their mercy. He could not have any kind of control over himself anymore. His mind stopped making escape plans a long time ago, he did not have the strength.

Fight it, you weak, he thought to himself.

“Ohh, this is the famous Robert of Stonegate?!” The king appeared suddenly, out of nowhere.

“Yes, your highness”

“Oh, I expected you to be taller” he smirked

Robert did not move, neither spoke a word

“I spoke to you!” The kind yelled

“Y-You don’t n-need to b-be tall to kill a m-man”

The King chuckled “That is right. And that is also why I would like to cut your throat right now. For every sick game you played with my kingdom, bastard”  

“I n-never played a-any game. You t-threatened, I did not a-allow it”

“You are so lucky I promised my son he could kill you himself” The King spoke between his teeth “Otherwise I would have your head in my hand right now” He quickly turned to leave

“You do not need your toes a lot, do you?” The soldier smirked after the king left

“Sir, you are needed in the harbor” Someone entered the dungeon

“Lucky you, Stonegatean, I will leave that for later”

Diana had been talking to Thomas for a long time. They were planning every little detail. She was so happy she found him, he helped her a lot, and even though he was terribly injured, he seemed so willing to do everything.

Diana decided she would sneak around, though.

Look around and see every little important detail.

She even stole something to take care of Thomas' wounds.

They had decided they needed to drop a false message saying that the Stonegatean army was attacking them on the big background battle fields, being led by Charles de Montfort, Thomas’ father.

That seemed like a good idea.

But they had to think of the details first.

When Diana wandered around in the halls of the Palace, she discovered who the perfect person to launch the message was: their maid.

They just needed to wait for a good time. Which was during the night.

Heeey! So, what do you think?

Next chapter will be the escape attempt, will they make it?

Will something happen?

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*