Stories of the past

*at Knavesmire*

“WHERE IS HE?!”

Thomas felt his already weak body falling down to the floor once again. The only thing he knew at the moment was the meaning of pain.

“I told you, prick” Thomas groaned “Even if I knew, I would rather die than tell you”

As the words left his mouth, another hard punch hit his face.

It had been like that for days.

And he had a feeling it would only stop when he died.

*at the Wedgemore’s Palace*

“Mother? How could you did not tell us? You have been together with Leofrick and Montagu this all time?!” The Princesses confronted their mother

“Be quiet you all! All I want is your best!”

“PRINCE ROBERT WAS THE BEST FOR US!” Princess Ryia yelled, receiving a slap in return

“Leave, to your rooms, NOW!” The queen yelled, watching them leave

“Having conflicts with your daughters as well, Gloriana?” Leofrick walked in the room, smirking, escorted by a soldier.

“Do not dare...!”

“I do dare!” Leofrick snapped “You failed! The Stonegatean is nowhere to be seen!”

“HE IS DEAD!”

“How can you know that? Did you see him dead, did you?!”

“I poisoned him. He drank it! I saw him starting to fall, already! No one survives that poison!”

“If I learned one thing from the Stonegatean during these years, it was not to underestimate him” Leofrick seriously said “I can only believe he is dead, when I see the body with my own eyes”

“I am sure it was my maid who hit me in the head and took him away. She has also disappeared. Make sure she is eliminated” She turned to the soldier next to Leofrick

“Yes, your highness. But there is no sigh of them”

“KEEP LOOKING!” The Queen yelled

*With Robert and Diana*

“And left, up, right, up, down” Robert softly held a wooden sword he had improvised, as Diana held another.

“I am going to get better than you” Diana smiled

“Oh?” Robert smiled, quickly changing the pace of the movements, making Diana lose control

“Ahhhh! I hate you!” She hit him in the chest after he helped her getting up.

“You are a quick learner, Princess. Though there is still much to learn” He smiled “And you do not hate me” He pouted

She half smiled “But I will get better than you”

“Oh? We are sure, aren’t we?”

“You will need me to save your life, after all” she smirked

He chuckled “There is a storm coming, we should stop for today”

“Ok” Diana smiled and got inside the house.

Both had become closer during the last days. They would still fight a lot, sometimes over irrelevant details, but they had grown to trust each other, to like each other and be there for each other. Both still refused to believe they were in love. Robert knew he was attracted to her, but for him, he was attracted to her since the first day he saw her. He just refused to believe the kind of attraction had changed. The same happened to Diana, though she refused the fact she was attracted to him, in every way.