Secret plans or no plans at all?

Lord Cornwallis woke up the next morning feeling like he needed a few more hours of rest. But he decided that would have to stay for later, he was conscious that the situation going on meant imminent danger for Stonegate and, worse, Prince Robert. He had seen the foreign soldiers, he had listened to their conversations before getting, unfortunately, caught. Their main aim was the Prince, not the Palace. Those other kingdoms wanted to take Stonegate at all cost. The first thing to make it possible was to bring down the man who had made Stonegate what it was.

The lord calmly stood up and got himself ready for another day. He left his room and made his way to the dining room, assuming it was there the royal family had its breakfast. He was not wrong. He found the royal family eating, being served by the beautiful maid. He could not blame Prince Robert for not believing she was a maid, she certainly was one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. It was not an offense to the maids, there were beautiful maids. Some of them, he was sure, the Prince has met intimately. There was just an unusual beauty in this one, any man could easily imagine her in a expensive beautiful dress, sitting in a Royal Chair.

“Oh, Lord Cornwallis, good morning!” Queen Gloriana smiled “Take a sit and have some food!”

“Thank you very much, Queen Gloriana” The old man sit down

“How is Prince Robert?” Princess Ryia asked

“Thank you very much” Lord Cornwallis smiled at the Diana before looking at the Princess “The prince is resting. I decided not to bother him. But I do believe he could use some food” The Lord turned to the maid, who looked at him

“Sure, Lord Cornwallis. I will take care of that” Diana smiled warmly

“But is he injured?” Princess Janet asked

“Nothing to worry about” The lord smiled at the Princesses

“He certainly is a great warrior” Princess Alice said

“Great? Amazing! I have never seen anything like that” Princess Ryia said

“They are all afraid of him” Princess Janet said

“Well, no one can blame them. Prince Robert is one to fear, he certainly did not gain his reputation out of nothing”

“You see, Lord Cornwallis, there is not much that we know about the Prince and Stonegate at all. Only those stories that are known all around”

“Those stories leave much to be desired, I am afraid. But I am not the one to change them”

Diana was wandering around, serving the breakfast. Lord Cornwallis seemed such a loyal man and seemed to have a deep special affection for the Prince. Despite only knowing him for a few hours, she had really grown to like the old man. And she was suspecting, more and more that, indeed, Stonegate was nothing as stories said it was. Still, everything seemed to be a mystery and those stories surely were right about something: no one known has ever stepped into Stonegate and left to tell the story. It was an unknown place, no one knew what lied behind all that frightening stone coast and borders.  

She waited until the breakfast of the Royal Family and Lord Cornwallis was finished to gather some food in a tray and take it to the Prince’s room. She softly knocked the door, but got no reply.

She decided to open the door and quietly walk into the room. She spotted the Prince on the bed, softly sleeping. Diana couldn’t help her eyes wandering around the man’s body, lying down with only a piece of cloth hiding his intimate parts. She had never seen a man’s body without clothes before, but she doubted many could carry a body like this man did. She could not deny how attractive he was, how those perfect muscles on his chest, abdomen, thighs and oh... arms, made him look amazingly handsome. His expression was so soft and innocent as he slept and his breath smooth.