Thrones

Diana sat next to the Prince, on the bed, both curious about what Thea had just said

“What do you mean, it is time?!” Diana asked

Thea looked at her lovingly “There is a lot that I know of… that I am not supposed to.” She then looked down “It is not by chance that I left the Palace and stopped being a maid”

Diana looked at her, suspiciously “What are you trying to say?!”

The prince instinctively put his arm on the end of her petite back, noticing her sudden nervousness.

“I was afraid of what the Queen could do, if I ever spoke, I always promised to look after you, Diana”

Diana looked at her, completely lost, as did the Prince

“Could you just explain what happened? What do you know? You see… we are both completely lost” The Prince spoke

Thea looked down, before taking a deep breath “I knew your mother very well, Diana. We were the best of friends” She looked at the younger maid “She was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, just like you are.” She smiled “And she was forced to marry this soldier, this good looking man who fought bravely in a battle. But she never really loved him. They got along well, but there was another man your mother always loved. That was the man who got her pregnant, by the same time the soldier tragically died in war. That man was your father, someone you have met, but none of you knew you were father and daughter.”

Diana was now trembling, she had never known about this. She always thought her father had died and never met her.

“He did not know. It was only when he found out your mother had left him a letter, that he knew. And it was by then everything happened”

The prince’s eyes widened, he seemed to have everything figured out already. But not Diana, she was still perplex with Thea’s words.

“Who is my father?!”

Robert caressed her back, before silently whispering “The king…”

Thea glanced at the Prince with wide eyes, before softly nodding at Diana.

“W-What?!”

Diana could not believe her ears. She glanced at the Prince, her eyes getting watery. She had known the king. She always liked him, he was always good to her. She loved working at the Palace whenever he was around, he was really kind to her. It was when he died that everything went to the way it was now.

“Everything makes sense” Prince Robert said “The queen knows about this” He whispered

Diana glanced at him “What do YOU know?!” she snapped

“Nothing, I am just solving the riddle” he said, softly “You were his first daughter, which, even not being the Queen’s daughter, makes you the legitimate heir to the throne”

He glanced at Thea “The Queen killed him”

Thea nervously nodded “It was exactly the same as she did to you. I found him, poisoned and… he t-told me, before dying in my arms. T-There was nothing I could do”

“The Queen wanted the throne, if not her, then any of her daughters. She ended up having the throne, why?”

“Everyone agreed, in the council, that Princess Alice, supposedly the legitimate heir would only take the throne when she married a good and influential man, that was capable of governing a kingdom” Thea said

“Of course” the Prince said “Now Leofrick or Montagu will have her, the throne would be taken from her! She needed to… do something, even if that something is… taking Stonegate?!”

“The woman is wicked…” Thea said “Believe me… she can dominate any man.”

The prince looked at her, then at Diana, still sitting in shock

“No, she can’t. And she won’t”

“Why did you never told me?!” Diana snapped, tears in her eyes

Thea looked at her “I only wanted to protect you, honey! If the queen knew you know about this, she would kill you!”

“No” Diana stood up “She would try to” she stormed out of the little house

“Diana!” The prince immediately got ready to leave the bed

“Hey, you, you cannot leave the bed” Thea said “You are still recovering”

“I am going after her. Stop me?” he looked at Thea.

She took a deep breath “You are in love with her”

He stood up, leaning to the nearest wall “I do not know what love is” he whispered, before leaving the house

“You do, handsome Prince. You just need to realize it” Thea whispered to herself.  

Heeeey!

OMG, what just happened?

What do you think?

Please comment and vote!

Also, new chappie of Life at your Feet in  a few hours *

Love,

Carly*