Chapter 10

Riley's P.O.V

It's a week before the wedding and Emily hasn't talked to me since she found out that James proposed. She's being a drama queen over this. I mean, she should be happy for me. Yeah, she lost the E-Girls, her spot as captain AND Eldon over the last year but, I mean. COME ON! GET OVER YOURSELF AND BE HAPPY FOR YOUR ONLY SISTER! Urgh! She's driving me nuts! She was supposed to be my maid of honor but, now Michelle is. Chloe wanted to but she didn't want to speak in front of all those people.. I don't understand why though.

"Okay. Let's reherse this again.. From the top." My dad says, looking at James who was looking at Beth. What is going on with them? I mean, ever since I invited Beth to the wedding, which was stupid, they have been having their eyes on each other like 24/7.

James looks at me smiles.

"Nothing is going on between us... Okay. I'm just trying to be nice to her. She hardly has any friends and she needs some right now."

"Why?"

"Because..." He sighs. "Her mother has been the hospital for 3 months now and I'm the only one that really cares. No one else does. She hasn't told anyone but me."

"Why? I mean, she should at least tell Kate."

"I know.. But, let's not focus on that.. Okay?"

 "Okay."

~After the Rehersal~

Beth's P.O.V

"James.."

"Yeah?"

"Are you ready?"

He nods and walks over to me. We walk out fast so Riley doesn't know he left with me.

"I'm glad we did this.."

He looks at me. "I don't really know if I should do this to her.."

"Come on..."

He sighs and nods.

Riley's P.O.V

I don't kow where James went. He just... disappeared on me. I'm not even going to bother looking for him.

"Where's your soon to be Hubby?" Emily asks me, walking into the chruch. So, She finally decided to show up... HOW nice.

"I don't know."

"Well, I saw him with Beth... No lie... Look, I just dont want you getting hurt."

"Really, Em? You hurt my feelings already by not coming to the wedding and being my maid of honor!" I scream.

She sighs and walks out. Seriously?!

"Whatever.. Walk away." I mumble when shes gone.

If people don't care about me, Then maybe I should just make them all happy and run away.