Chapter 4

Sorry for the wait, I was in Amsterdam for four days, but I'm back now!

"Up." Y/N groaned, not realising she had fallen asleep once again. She sat up, a flash of green and before she knew it, she felt a sharp tug at her wrist, the chain from the pipe had come off

and now her other hand was being chained.

She was groggily confused, as she was dragged along by Gamora out of the room, passed what looked like the cockpit, spotting a glimpse of Star-lord at the front, Rocket and Groot sitting around an oval table, Rocket looked to be once again building something from scraps and fragments and the Christmas coloured alien Y/N had heard was called 'Drax', was sharpening his knives.

Gamora almost dragged her majority of the way, as Y/N's legs slumped and stumbled, but they managed to get to a small door, the words 'W/C' written in sloppily red handwriting on the top of the door.

"Go." Gamora spoke, as Y/N looked back to the door and to her, "Excuse me?" Y/N was confused, as Gamora rolled her eyes, sighing in frustration as she pushed the door to the bathroom, "Go and do whatever you need to do," She crossed her arms, leaning against the door, "just don't do anything stupid." She warned promptly as Y/N stepped in.

Y/N laughed, "Why would I? Unless you think I'm going to use this time to escape, I don't think the pipes are big enough to fit a human down them." She smirked, before stepping inside and deciding to freshen up by splashing water on her face.

Once she was finished, she used her leg to flush the toilet, giving the impression she used the toilet, as she pushed the door open with the side of her body. Gamora stood there, with an expression that either read, 'Don't mess with me' or 'Why am I having to deal with this idiot?'

"Move." She spoke, shoving the H/C haired female harshly back into the hallway. "You really don't trust me, do you?" Y/N asked, beginning to walk the way she came from. "Don't expect me to. Your only helping us so we can find the Gauntlet before Thanos does. I'm only doing this because it's my job and being a member of my team."

Y/N paused in walking, "And is that why you betrayed Thanos and Ronan when the moment came to sell the orb?"

The look Gamora gave her was one that she wishes she didn't want to be given ever again, "Remember who's the one chained up." She spoke, her words sounded so laced with poison and so penetrating, it brought the air to feel sour.

The conversation was finished, as Gamora sent a small shove to Y/N's back, and before she realised, she has stuck inside the room again, as Gamora moved to chain her up again by the pole on the wall, Y/N could feel herself internally groan.

"Don't play me for a fool Iris. I'm not the type of person to get on the wrong side." Gamora spoke menacingly, before turning to walk to the door once again. "I figured. It's not me you should be worrying about." Y/N leant against the wall behind her.

"Tell me, 'oh-so-knowledgeable-assassin'," She begun, "what will you do when Zerron comes and finds you and your friends? And even if you do get past him, how will you ever defeat Thanos? You may have been lucky when defeating Ronan, but he was an imbecile." Y/N suddenly felt the tip of metal against her throat, the blade that Gamora held was pointing towards her S/C skin.

"Don't you mock me." The tone in her voice sounded brittle and cold, like the blade she pointed, "I wasn't mocking you." Y/N spoke, being careful of her next words, "I'm trying to help you, and your friends."

Gamora lowered her blade slowly, "The next few decisions you make can be the most life-threatening ones. I suggest if you want to stay alive to get to the gauntlet, you think about what you do in terms of plans."

Gamora was quiet, and Y/N knew that her words had worked. Just as she was going to continue, Drax came walking through, "Peter says that we'll be stopping off soon." He spoke to Gamora, his gaze moving to Y/N's, "Is the human girl terrorising you? How would you want me to deal with her?"

Gamora sighed, rubbing her temples in frustration, "Clear off Drax. Tell Peter I'm coming out in 2." Drax nodded, leaving the room as Gamora turned back to face Y/N. "Where we stopping off at?" She asked curiously, but Gamora was already walking back to the door.

"That doesn't concern you." She pointed out, glancing back at the H/C haired female, her eyes calculating. She didn't reply, as she stepped out of the room, the door slamming shut as the atmosphere once became silent and Y/N heard the female assassin's footsteps quieten more along the corridor.

Meanwhile

"How is she holding up?" Peter spoke from the cockpit once she heard Gamora's footsteps come closer. "Fine," Gamora replied too quickly, sitting down at the table, where Rocket and Groot sat, and smiling softly towards the baby tree.

"How much longer?" Gamora asked, "Not long now. We need to refuel and restock on supplies, maybe we might have a bit of time to go explore - go visit a few bars, buy some drinks-"

"We're definitely going to a bar. I need to get some more supplies too." Rocket joined in on the conversation, "You're not buying any more guns. Or getting any more supplies to build another bomb." Peter spoke as Rocket sighed in frustration.

"What did Iris even say to you about back then?" Peter asked the raccoon as he stopped working on improving his gun, "Nothin' for you to get all concerned 'bout." Rocket lashed out, his usual attitude and rash personality spilling out as he grumbled to himself, but Y/N's words still remained in his head, the thought of him getting access to working on improving his own creations brought him to smirk to himself, his sharp teeth snarled to show, which almost looked like he was snarling at nothing in particular.

"Why is the rodent smiling to himself?" Drax brought him out of his thoughts as Drax let out a loud laugh, making Rocket's ears twinge from the noise, twitching slightly.

"None of ya business, ya oversized grey turd!"

"You have no respect!!"

"Says the guy who calls me a rodent!"

"I am Groot."

"I am calm!" Rocket retorted, snorting through his nose, crossing his arms as his tail swayed from side to side.

"Guys, chill. We're here now anyway." Peter spoke, the Milano slowly in speed as it slowly landed. Once the Milano had landed, Rocket was the first to leave, followed by Drax as Gamora waited for Peter, "What about her?" Gamora cocked her head back to where Y/N remained.

"She'll be fine, Groot will look after her."

"I am Groot!"

"You're a baby, I don't think the bar is the most ideal place for you," Peter spoke in an amused tone, stepping over Groot as he exited through the latched door. Gamora sighed once again, before bending down to Groot's level.

"We'll be back as soon as we can. Just look out and make sure she doesn't escape, okay?" Gamora smiled as Groot nodded his head in understanding. Gamora then followed to exit, walking to catch up with her fellow team-mates.

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you in the next one!

- Mockingbirdsdontsing