Chapter 9

"What the hell do they want?" Peter shouted, steering and dodging the Milano from the incoming bombs and grenades coming their way. "What do you think? Of course, they want her!" Rocket shouted from where he sat, "We need to get rid of them, either through destroying their or outrunning them." Gamora suggested.

"They're much bigger than us, we'll be blown up in a matter of seconds if we fight them." Y/N said. "Where do we go then?" Peter asked Gamora was the first to action, pulling up a panel and scrolling and swiping along with the metal screen, "We're coming up to an asteroid belt, 2 minutes!"

"That'll do." Peter served as the Milano jolted and spun quickly through the galaxy, avoiding asteroids. Y/N stood to her feet, running/staggering to the back of the Milano as she tried to keep her balance, "They can't get through!" She beamed, grinning as she looked back to them, "Wait, WATCH OU-!"

A loud and bright light erupted, glowing Y/N's skin as it reflected from the window. Y/N squinted, looking as her eyes widened, a small grenade flying through the gaps of the belt and flying straight towards them.

Peter jeered upwards, instead of the window being hit, the Milano jolted to the right, and the grenade hit the wing on the right-hand side. The Milano screeched, before spinning and spiralling for a moment of utter chaos.

Warning sounds blared throughout the inside, Y/N was thrown to the floor, rolling and trying to stay upright and not hit anything that was flying around in the air. "Get back to your seat Y/N!" Peter shouted as Y/N groaned, crawling towards a button on the wall. She smashed it with brute force, a yellow force field enveloping around, just so if there was an air breach, no air from the inside would be lost.

Y/N crawled quickly to her seat, before running back to her seat, "WE'RE GOING DOWN!" Gamora shouted, the ship crashing into other asteroids as the ship got more and more destroyed. "Peter, you're sh*t at controlling this thing!" Rocket shouted, "I've been driving this thing since I was 10 years old, I know what I'm doing!"

"I was genetically enhanced to controlling this scrap of metal! If there's one person who knows how to drive it, it'll be me!" Rocket shouted back. "Guys! Can we leave the bickering to one side and survive this giant space battle?" Gamora interrupted. She's right, we need to calm down, this is the last thing we need to argue about. Y/N thought.

"What does the rat known about driving?" Drax asked as Rocket shot him a glare, "Shut up!" He shouted, being stopped from a large crash, as everyone nearly fell out of their seats, "Peter! What's the nearest planet to crash land on?" Y/N asked.

"Over there!" Gamora pointed to the left, a bright blue coloured vortex shone just at the end of the asteroid belt. Peter looked around at each other, the looks they gave him told him that they agreed with the decision of going through.

"Groot put your seatbelt on!"Groot jumped and scrambled around, before climbing quickly up into Y/N lap, clutching to her jacket close to him.

The Milano was steered abruptly, spinning into the blue vortex, the brightness of the light made everyone cover their eyes. Once the Milano had breached the atmosphere of the unknown planet, the ship was still falling and falling, not making an effort to stop or breaking speed.

"Take cover!" Peter shouted, as everyone braced and covered their faces. The landing was harsh and all of a sudden, as everyone groaned, the Milano had crashed and was scraping along the ground, the paint-job was ruining as it made an abrupt stop in the middle.

"Is everyone okay?" Peter called, as everyone mumbled answers, "We need to get out of here, get your weapons and hurry!" Rocket rushed out, grabbing his gun and swinging it around to hold, the others grabbing their weapons and hurrying out of the ship.