Chapter 14

DISCLAIMER! SCENES THAT COULD MAKE SOME PEOPLE SAD OR UNCOMFORTABLE!!

.

.

.

"Hey." Y/N was waiting back on Zerron's ship, sitting quietly as she sat by the window. She recognised the voice as she smiled softly, "Toots huh?" She smirked as he came to sit next to her. Rocket's ears twitched momentarily, smirking.

"Why? Ya don't like it?" He asked, making her laugh softly. "I do like it, it seems like something you would say." She turned to him, noticing how close he sat next to her, feeling his fur brush up the side of her left arm, tickling her skin, but it felt pleasant enough to not move away.

"Were you the one who got the others to agree to save me?" she asked softly, watching as he snorted, looking anywhere but at her. "Pfft, no, I mean, I had my opinion to say, whether they agreed or not."

".... You're a terrible liar." She joked, her hand grazed the side of his arm, lowering until she was holding his paw in hers, the feeling was unfamiliar to her, but enough to not put her off. Rocket looked up at her, brown eyes pooling with such surprised, he was lucky once again for having fur to hid a blush that would be on his cheeks.

"Peter was the one who eventually sided with me." Y/N softly laughed, "What is he like your wingman or something?" "My what?" He was confused by the word, he watched Y/N laugh louder, that melodic laugh that made his heart skip a beat. Y/N like how he could act so tough, yet not know certain things, a hint of some innocent.

"Don't worry, you can ask him about it."

It was a comfortable silence for a moment, the only sound coming from outside and the soft rumbling of the engine. For once, everything seemed so... peaceful.

"I wanted to talk to ya... about earlier." Rocket begun, nervously scratching the back of his neck, "I worried about this..." he gestured to the two of them, "working."

Y/N breathed heavily. "I guess we have bigger things to worry about at the moment, like trying to get this Gauntlet and not dying." She chuckled to herself, "But... that doesn't mean... I don't want this to stop.... hell, it's been a while since I've done this-I'm not explainin' myself properly.-"

"No, I understand what you're trying to say." Y/N smiled softly. "You're just scared of dating someone." Rocket was silent, which Y/N took as his way of agreeing with her. "We can take things slow, it will be a shock to the others if they find out."

"They kinda do know." He muttered, his tail swaying from side to side. "But to hell what they think. I'm not afraid to like you or to make it public, or what others think about it. It's my life, not theirs." Rocket smiled softly, getting bolder and he shuffled until he was sitting in her lap.

"Then that settles it then." She confesses, grinning, staring at him cheekily. Rocket hummed in appreciation, looking up at her, staring with a playful look dancing in his eyes.

"What are you staring at me like that for?" She smiled at him shyly back, "Nothin', just you wait." He leant up, nuzzling the side of her cheek as she wrapped her arms around his torso and hugged him to her chest.

The two sat there for a moment, taking in the view. Rocket would occasionally look up and look at her, and sometimes when he did, he would meet Y/N's gaze too, as he would get embarrassed and would look down, making Y/N laugh and gush at how cute he was. He really was afraid, but he was happy to be looking forward to the future and what it entailed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The two walked slowly back over to the cockpit, a meeting would take place soon and she was willing to listen to what the plan would be and how the Gauntlet would be collected. "I don't know how I was lucky enough to get someone like you." Rocket began, "You were yourself Rocket, you managed to let your walls down and allow someone to see you for who you really were." Y/N smiled down at him, as Rocket smiled softly, looking away embarrassed.