Chapter 7

"Peter told me to give you these." Y/N looked up, jolting as a pair of clothes were thrown to her face. She inspected the clothes, before looking to Gamora standing there.

"You really don't like me, do you?" Gamora huffed, crossing her arms as she made her way to her, "The others might trust you, but I don't. You saved us, but that doesn't mean you're our friends. You're just here for this mission and that's it, you'll go on your merry way after this."

Y/N huffed, a small smile on her face, "Unfortunately so, maybe by then, you'll trust me after this road trip has happened. You're gonna have to get used to me, this trip isn't just a day away, we're going to the far corners of the galaxy."

"Even when we do get there, I'll make sure that Quill kicks you off if you do something that risks our lives." Gamora threatened, "You like him, don't you? It's kinda obvious, he likes you too it seems." Y/N smirked. Gamora huffed in annoyance, "You have nothing to do with this or getting involved with anything about me or my life. Just because you're here, doesn't mean you're a member of the team." She walked away, turning briefly.

"You have 2 minutes to get changed, then meet us all at the cockpit." And with that she left, leaving Y/N alone as she quickly changed.

Once changed, she quickly brushed out her H/C hair messily with her fingers, as she put her new boots on and left her room (it seemed the room in the basement was now hers), finding her way towards the front of the Milano

Everyone was there, sitting and waiting, as she walked over to sit at the table amongst the other Guardians. Rocket was the first to notice her new look, his eyes shifting, before looking back down again.

"You're here, great, we can talk," Peter spoke as he tapped some of the monitors above his head behind them all, showing a large elaborated map of the majority of the galaxy. "So we're here," he pinched his fingers, zooming in to show the destination of the flying Milano, "and our destination is wayyyy" he dragged the map to the right, it still going and going, and going, "over there." he stopped eventually, the small destination showed its icon. 

"I know the planet," Gamora replied, "Berhert is where Ronan talked about claiming next after destroying Xandar."

"Why that planet? Aren't the Sagittarians known to be selfish and snobbish?" Rocket asked, "But they had great resources that Ronan thought would be useful in finding the Gauntlet. He, however, failed." Gamora spoke, crossing her arms.

"How long would it take to get to it?" Drax asked, "By my calculations if we're travelling at this speed now, we could get to planet Berhert in less than a month." Peter spoke, "Are you serious? By the time we get there Quill, Thanos would've already destroyed the entire galaxy." Gamora proclaimed, "This better be one of your great plans Star-Munch, you're not doing well so far." Rocket snarled.

"There has to be a quicker way, Quill." Gamora sighed heavily, crossing her arms. Everyone was silent for a moment before Peter's eyes met Y/N's calm ones, "Y/N? You got an idea?-"

"Your plan clearly will destroy the entire galaxy, but I noticed from the coordinates we're not far from a short cut." She stood to her feet, moving towards the monitor.

"We could reach a magnet field, which we could jump through to get to the other side of the galaxy. There, it would take a few days to get the planet Berhert." She turned, "How long would the entire journey take?"

"From here, it would take around 2 weeks, maybe even less if we're quick and we don't waste time travelling."

Everyone was in thought, "How long to the magnetic field?" Peter asked, "Around 2 days maybe?" "I see we have a good plan then." Rocket remarked, leaning in his chair as he propped his legs up onto the table, "Wha- you follow her plan but not mine?"

"Oh please Quill, I've haven't trusted your plans since day 1, it's good to hear a new idea once in a while." "The small human is correct, Quill's plans are terrible in most cases."

"There aren't!"

"Hey, I'm not that short!"

"Can we concentrate on the plan?" Gamora hissed, "Look, if we follow through with this plan, how do you know we'll get there?" Gamora's question was towards Y/N, as the Terran girl sat down once again, "Zerron is using the exact coordinates to get to it too. He just has further to travel." Y/N beamed.

"We won't... travel into him would we?" Peter asked.

"Depends, he might still be using the tracker on me," Peter's eyes widened, "but he's unpredictable. I've known him all my life, and he still comes out with some elaborated plans."

"So that's it then? This is the plan?" Peter asked his fellow guardians, as they either nodded or agreed quietly. "We'll get moving then, shall we?"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Sir, there's been coordinates found, the Guardians are making their way to the planet Berhert!" a young male came into the control room, tall and having an athletic build, he had black locks and an undercut and bright lilac eyes. 

"That damn girl, she betrayed me!" Zerron slammed his fists onto the metal table, like him as his men spoke, "this is how she respects me, by mocking my authority and going against me! You wait 'til I get her, I'll-"

"Eat her?" a Reptoid spoke up, his reptilian green skin glistened in the lights above, "Do you mock me?" Zerron barked as the man/reptilian hybrid shook his head, "No sir... you've just...."

"Just what?"

"Just... didn't treat her well, like a fatherly figure."

"Last time I checked, I wasn't her actual father!" Zerron shouted, "Change the coordinates to match there's pronto!" He shouted towards the lilac eyed male, who nodded his head vigorously, "What are we gonna do sir?"

Zerron grabbed his gun and placed it into his holster, walking out of the room towards the cockpit.

"Imma give little Iris and her buddies a visit."

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you in the next one!

-Mockingbirdsdontsing