Chapter 11

The next day, Y/N woke up more sore than she would usually be, her back and arms sore, a slight pounding of her head was brought to her senses, as she groaned, sitting up. She was sober yesterday, so she remembered exactly what had happened, but she was unsure if Rocket would.

She was predicting if she would go and see if he was okay but decided not to do, getting a few more minutes to herself, as she threw her head back onto the pillow, shutting her eyes as she listened to the eerie quietness of the Milano.

"Y/N, you're needed, get up." The pounding of the metal door brought her to open her tired eyes once again, as she looked to her shut door, groaning softly, "I'm coming." She whined, but she didn't get up, waiting for Gamora to leave her door as she sighed in thought, contemplating what she would do.

Rocket's P.O.V

The first thing Rocket woke up to was the brightness coming in from the windows. He growled, his eyes shut tight as he rolled onto his side to avoid the light. "I am Groot?" He turned to the door, seeing that Groot had been standing there quietly, "What ya doing here Groot?" Rocket groaned quietly, covering his eyes with his paw as he rolled back onto his back.

"I am Groot..." Groot replied, "S' nothin'." Rocket sighed, "I got drunk, that's all." He responded half-heartedly, "I. am. Groot."

"What do you mean Y/N looked upset last night?" He asked, "I. am. Groot!" Groot crossed his small bark arms, "You want me to apologise for something that I don't even remember!" Rocket rolled his eyes, "... I am Groot." the sentient tree sighed in exasperation, "You're not makin' this any easier for me, ya know?"

Groot gave him a look of annoyance, as Rocket sighed in defeat, "Fine, I'll try and go find her." He jumped down onto the floor, walking past Groot as he left his bedroom. He walked down towards the basement, knocking on the door, "Y/N, ya there?" He hated the way his voice cracked, as he waited impatiently outside. "Where the hell is she?" He became more irritated, his tail swaying in annoyance as he walked away towards the main area.

"So, you like him?" He stopped dead in his tracks, luckily he hadn't walked into the room, as he hid around the corner, peering into the room to listen carefully, "Did it look obvious?" His heart stammered from listening to her voice, "I... don't know Quill, I don't know what it is." She continued.

"Well, is it 'Fooled Around and Fell in Love' type like?" Peter asked, "... Perhaps, it's just a stupid little crush." He heard her sigh heavily, "Maybe you should speak to him about it?"

"Are you serious? Do you know Rocket? I wouldn't hear the end of it if he found out!" To which he couldn't help but smile at the idea, "Look, you've got two options," the groaning of the seat implied that Peter was leaning back into it, "you keep this 'little crush' of yours hidden, not tell him, but die on the inside, or you can just spit it out and maybe, he might return the feelings."

"If this doesn't work Quill, you'll be the first to know about it!" Y/N interjected, making Quill laugh, "Why not tell him tonight, take him for a drink or out for a walk, I'll keep the others occupied and we'll have the ship fixed hopefully by then."

There was some silence from Y/N's side, "Fine, I can't believe I'm doing this." She groaned, "Well, better we change the subject so if he comes in, he hasn't heard what we were talking about, huh?"

"Fine, I can't believe I took a relationship from an old man like you." Rocket could sense the smirk on her face, "I'm not that old!" Peter objected as Y/N's laugh echoed through the room, making Rocket's heart stammer.

Rocket still stood there for a moment, trying his best to calm his hammering heart, "What are you doing?" He didn't mean for the scream to come out, as he glared up at the confused look from Drax, "Nothin', just lost in track."

"You were listening in on their conversation?" Drax asked, "NO! I'm wasn't!" Rocket was glad that he had fur, or else he knew he would've been blushing. "You love the human girl?" When Drax didn't receive an answer, he proceeded to laugh, loud.

"Dude!" Rocket was now embarrassed, crossing his arms and looking around, making sure no-one had come into the room, "This is hilarious, I must tell the others!" Drax wasn't expecting Rocket to jump up onto one of the nearest counters, his eyes dark and narrowed, teeth snapping, "Don't you dare."

Drax laughed once again at Rocket's antics, "You remind me of myself once," Rocket's face turned to neutral as he tipped his head to the side confused, "When I saw my wife, I was confused, she wasn't dancing, not even tapping her foot." He looked away, "I knew she was the one."

Rocket was utterly weirded out and more confused, "What's your point?" "My point is... you can't help who you fall in love with," Drax looked back to where Y/N was, standing outside and helping Peter with the broken wing, "especially for someone who is boring like her."

"She ain't boring!" Rocket objected, "She's smart, pretty, she knows how to have fun," Rocket smiled to himself, "and drink." Drax sighed, "She's perfect for you, you are just as boring as each other." to which Rocket snarled his teeth slightly towards him.

"Gamora says she needs help with the boiler, says it's not working." Drax continued once again. Rocket facepalmed, before nodding his head, "Fine, I'll have a look at it." He walked away, but the thing that Drax had spoken about was still on his mind.

"You can't help you fall in love with."

A/N:

A short chapter, but I hope you all enjoyed it! See you in the next one!

-Mockingbirdsdontsing