Chapter 5

WARNING, THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SOME MILD LANGUAGE AND ALSO SOME BADASSNESS (is that a word? It is now!) ENJOY!!!

The convenience store was stationed not too far to where the Milano had landed, as the four had exited and were heading their way to get some supplies. The ding from the bell on the door indicated the entrance of the four inside, a purple-skinned alien old man was standing behind the register as he greeted them, a wrinkly smile on his face.

Peter walked over to the counter with Gamora, whilst Rocket and Drax had a look around the store. "Hello, how can I help you?" He asked, his smile was making Peter feel more uncomfortable. "Hey man, got any special offers?"

The man thought for a moment, "Hmm, let me see." He turned to go underneath the register, pulling out a large box. "How about some eyes from a Badoon? " He pulled out a large jar as the content jiggled in it chunky liquid.

Peter grimaced, "How about useful things man?" He suggested. The man hummed in deep thought, as he bent down under the desk, "You're a lucky man today sir. I got these traded in yesterday." He pulled out a small trinket, its golden exterior was small in the hand, and Peter knew exactly what it was, "A watch?" He asked, "Yes, yes, it took a long journey to get here, for around 35,000 units."

"That's ridiculous." Peter grumbled as he sighed looking over to Gamora, "Anything that can be used in a fight?" Gamora asked. The man's smile brightened, "Oh! Why didn't you just ask?" A small click made the desk turn upside down, a collection of many guns, bombs and mass destructive weapons being presented to them.

"Come on man, that's what I was talking about!" Peter exclaimed the others went over to the desk, "How much for this? We can set a deal and make it half the price, huh?" Rocket asked, jumping onto the counter as he pointed towards one of the larger guns, almost twice the size of him. "Well," the man contemplated, "just for you folks, I'll allow 20% off."

"Nice." Drax pulled out a long double-sided sword from its sheath. Gamora herself held a double blue exterior reflecting in the light, "We'll take it all old man!" Rocket threw down the leftover change in his pocket, the change clanging onto the mahogany wood. The others grumbled quietly, quickly emptying their pockets as they collected the weapons they picked.

"I call we go to the pub! Money's on me!" Rocket called out to his group as they walked to exit, "But we spent all our money just on weapons, how are we gonna pay?" Peter spoke.

"Now, when did I  say we were gonna pay, Star-Munch?"

Their voices grew further after the exited the store, the old man behind the counter pulled a device out, clicking a few buttons before he spoke, "I hope you're in the area, your precious Guardians are here."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Please?" Y/N pouted, her E/C eyes large as she looked over at the small tree, "I am Groot." He spoke, "ugh, why do you mean you won't let me go? Do you even have the key?"

"I am Groot.."

"You don't have it? Then who does?"

"I am Groot..."

Y/N grumbled in frustration, "Well, where are they now? How long did you say they would be?" She attempted to stand up, walking over to the large window as she looked out to the outside. "Did they say how long they would be out for? It's been almost two hours..." She grumbled, contemplating on whether to be going out sneakily to escape.

"I... am... Groot." She turned back to him, "Well. that's great... they could be drunk for all we know. Even I heard from Gamora that them boys are terrible drunk: Quill can barely steer the Milano properly, Drax talks about nonsense and the taste of raccoon meat, and don't get me started on Rocket." She sighed, "You guys are probably the weirdest bunch of people I've met."