Author's Note

Look! An author's note! *le gasp*

There have been none of these between updates, though I seriously considered it a couple times.

This note is just basically to thank all you guys who read my rubbish story all the way until the end, and to commend you on your bravery, reading your way through my first few chapters that are painfully cliche and cringey. 

I really cannot thank you enough, or describe to you how much that means to me. Seriously, like it actually means so much.

I started this on January 1, 2017, and I finished it on July 10, 2017. I didn't think I'd finish so fast, but I did, and somehow, I ended up with three thousand reads and three hundred votes. Wow. It's really mind-blowing how far this story has gotten, and Niniak, I can't thank you enough for inspiring this. 

I kinda think I'm still that person I was when I started, though my writing has changed. I'm still a idiotic teenage girl who thinks she can write. 

Yes, I am an idiot. What kind of girl decides to write from the first person point of view of a MALE character? It really was a struggle trying to write Legolas and Thranduil realistically, without making them talk or think like girls. Honestly, I think this could have been far better if I had written it from the third person, but it is what it is. I enjoyed it, and I hope you did too.

And, I would be terribly ungrateful if I didn't thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, because my real main goal with this story, was to point a finger to Him and kinda explore those Christian themes in Tolkien's writings. I wouldn't have finished it without Him, and it's why there's a verse before every chapter. I hope I succeeded in showing my faith, and if I didn't, well, I need to do a better job.

It means a lot, your support, your votes, and your comments. There's always readers that read the beginning and then they stop, and that can be discouraging, and then I remember I have you guys that have stuck with me the whole way, even if you haven't voted or commented.

So, I'm going to ask you a favour. I'm not sure how hard it is to do, but it really would mean the entirety of Arda to me. 

Give me feedback. Tell me what you liked, tell me what you hated. Tell me what I could have done differently, tell me how you felt about my characters. I really would like to know, so that way I can improve. I don't wanna become content with my ability, I want to make it better. 

There is a dedication chapter, but I'd like to recognize a few people here who really impacted this story, whether they know it or not. Now you do know it.

jettmanasv3OlympusArania222riansheepRanelwenelvenprincesscherCharis-Anne, ...

There's probably more, but you guys have really stood out. :)

OH! WAIT! BEFORE I FORGET, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT! 

YES! I DO!

Cue drumroll please!

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

I'M WRITING A SPIN-OFF OF THIS STORY BECAUSE I'M DUMB LIKE THAT.

No, it's mostly because I felt like Authiel needed her own story, and so I'm gonna write one from her point of view. It will cover things that TWAF didn't, and will probably be easier, since I'll be writing from a female point of view, thank the Lord. There will be a lot more romance, though I'll warn you, it might break your heart. Regardless, I'm a hopeless romantic, so writing this will be so much fun for me. It would mean the world if you checked it out, but of course, I shan't be offended if you don't. :)

May your pantries be full of lembas bread as I go to find the Sun.

Love, 

Ness