From now on. (1D Fan-fiction)

"Come on Zayn" I said sitting at the top of the slide.

"Ava, you know I am too old for this kind of stuff" he said as he stood at the bottom. Zayn and I have been best friends since we can both remember and the best part is that he lives next door to me so we are always hanging out at each others.

"Wait, so your calling me old?" I said looking at him with my eyebrows raised.

"No, I mean, ugh! I hate you" he said as he started climbing the ladder to come sit next to me on the slide. "Happy, I'm here. Now what?" he said irritated.

"Well I'm happy ,but your not" I said as looked at him. Zayn was really handsome and had a really nice jawline. It's funny how everyone calls him The Bradford Bad Boi because he is the sweetest guy I ever knew.

"Sorry, but whats so cool here" he said as he tapped on the slide. 

"I don't know, but when we both do something childish, I remember those good ol' care free days" I said looking in the distance.

"What are you worried about?" said Zayn jokingly.

"Our aniversary" I let out. For some reason when I said that I felt like something bad was going to happen.

"Awe babe, you don't have to get me anything" said Zayn hugging me tightly.

"Get off me!" I laughed as I pushed him down the slide. " You know I am talking about Nathan, my boyfriend" I slid down to sit by him at the end of the slide. Zayn knew about Nathan and how it was our 6 month anniversary this week. Zayn didn't like Nathan and I really didn't know why. They used to be best friends but I guess things change. 

 "Lets go home. Its getting dark" said Zayn as he got up and stated walking. I quickly took the sand out of my TOMS and ran after him.

" We should have left earlier, I don't like the dark" I said as I held his arm and looked around cautiously. 

"I know" he said smiling widely.

"I hate you Zayn." I said as I let go of his arm and started walking away from him. I couldn't hear his footsteps anymore. I turned around slowly and Zayn wasn't there.

"Zayn...Zayn..Stop playing with me. Zayn!" I was scared now. I was alone in the dark which was one of my worst fears. I felt a warm drop run down my cheek. I didn't even have my phone on me. Suddenly I felt someone hug me from the back and place their face on my shoulder. I jumped in panic and tried to move but my body was to scared to. My heart started beating fast and my mouth went dry.

"Did you miss me" said the familiar voice. It was Zayn. I was filled with mix emotions. I didn't know if I wanted to kill him for leaving me or hug him for coming back. I turned around and buried my face in his chest. I cared to much to see him in pain. 

"Please don't ever leave me like this" I said crying on him and ruining his shirt with my tears.

"Do you still hate me" he said as he hugged me back and put his head on my head.

"No, I can never hate you, I love you"

"Please stop crying or I'm going to start crying to" I felt the pain in his voice as he said that. I hated seeing Zayn cry. I only saw him cry once and it was when we were young and his cat got ran over. He was a mess and seeing him cry made me cry. I let go of him and wiped my tears with my scarf and then told him sorry for ruining his shirt. He didn't really mind. I held his arm and we started making our way towards home.