Chapter 2.

Zayn's Point of View.

I smiled as I picked up the picture of me and Ava. It was taken in 10th grade, when she wasn't dating that backstabbing, Nathan. Me and Nathan used to be best friends before and he knew that I liked Ava. Knowing that it was their anniversary made me feel sad. If only I had told her how I felt sooner. I grabbed my laptop off my dresser and slid into my bed. I opened twitter and checked my timeline. Wait, since when was Nathan dating Emily? I hurried out of bed almost knocking the laptop to the floor. I looked out my window toward Ava's. Her light was turned off. Did Ava know? I texted her to check if she was awake. She didn't reply.

*****

The next morning I took a quick shower and ran downstairs.

"Where are you going mister?" said mum looking at me suspiciously from the kitchen table.

"Just to Ava's, gonna go hang out for a while" I said trying to sound casual.

"Okay, get some breakfast before you leave. There are bagels in the oven" she said as she took a sip from her coffe cup. I grabbed a bagel and walked out the door.

I walked across the grass and rang the doorbell. No one opened. I rang it again. Ava opened the door.

"Zayn do you know what time it is?" She was in her pjs and looked sleepy.

"Did you get my text message?" I said as I walked in and closed the door behind me.

" No, why?" she lay down on the sofa and closed her eyes. I sat on the other sofa. I didn't know how to tell her about Nathan. Would she even believe me?

" Nathan is cheating on you" I blurted out and saw Ava's eyes flash open.

" Zayn do you even know what you just said" she sat up now. I walked over to sit next to.

" I was on twitter last night and Emily posted a picture of her and Nathan at a party and they both look drunk. Nathan was all over her. Here, look" I gave her my phone with the picture. Her eyes filled up with water. A jolt of pain hit my heart. I don't like seeing Ava cry and especially not over that Nathan. I got a box of Kleenex and handed it to her. She wiped her tears. They came back. I sat closer to her and put my arm around her. She lay her head on my shoulder, still crying. Ava got up and picked up her phone.

" What are you doing?" I said as I walked up behind her.

" I'm calling Nathan." Her voice cracked as she said that.

" Are you sure" I said softly. She put the phone next to her ear.