Chapter 5

Ava's Point of View

I couldn't believe my ears. My heart couldn't cooperate with my head. Did Zayn really mean what he said? It was a quiet ride back home and I was really speechless after what happened.

"I'm sorry about that incident Ava." He looked bothered after what he did to Nathan.

"No, it's fine. He deserved it." I was glad Zayn was there with me. I really was scared, but gave me strength. I think he always did but I never realized it. He stopped the car in front of my house.

"Ava, I have something to tell you-"

"Sorry Zayn, I have to go home."

"But Ava-"

"Not right now Zayn!" He gave me an irritated look but it didn't matter right now. Nothing bothered me as much as the fact that Nathan was an arsehole this whole time and Zayn was always there for me. How could I be so blind? I silently walked into my room and turned off the light, closed the door, and layed on my bed. In no time my tears sealed my eyes shut.

*****

"No Zayn, don't go!" I saw a blury vision of Zayn slowly walk through a lighted door.

"I need you!" my voice was vanishing and I felt the air in my lungs getting sucked out. He looked so bright as he turned back to look at me.

" Take care, Ava. I'll be back as a different man for you." He smiled and continued to walk. Tears kept falling from my face and I felt this painful but tender pressure on my forehead. Suddenly I blacked out.I lifted my face from my pillow.

"Oh God!" It was just a dream. I got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. It was Sunday and my mom made French toast.

"So honey, why did you wake up so late?"

" Sorry mum, I had a painful migrane last night. I needed a couple of hours of more sleep." She just groaned and gave me a warm hug. I almost forgot how a hug from a mother felt. I finished my French toast and left the house. I needed to talk to Zayn. He left me clueless yesterday and I wanted to know how he felt about me this whole time. I knocked on his door. He should have opened the door by now. I saw the door knob turn.

"Hey Zayn, could we-"

"Ava!" Mrs. Malik looked at me schocked.

" Hi Mrs. Malik, is Zayn home?" I was worried. He is the one that usually opens the door.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear. I thought Zayn already told you."

"Told me what?" I didnt know what was going on.

"Zayn got an audition for X-Factor hun. He left this morning." My smile fell to the floor. So I really did hear his voice this morning. The painful pressure on my head was his kiss.

"Of course he told me. I'm sorry Mrs. Malik. Have a good day." I turned around and slowly walked home. I was more confused and lost then ever. What was I suppose to do now? Zayn was trying to tell me something yesterday but I didn't listen to him. For the first time, I felt like someone threw me into the middle of the sea, and expected me to swim back home. But since Zayn can't swim, he can't save me this time.