Chapter 9

Zayn's P.O.V.

"The second act still in the final is..." I hear Dermot say which made my breath heavier. After that, all I could here was my heart beating louder, everything else was silent. I close my eyes and think of everything I've accomplished, everything I've done.

"Rebecca!!!" The crowd roars loudly as I open my eyes to see my other mates. We came this far together, we've done all that we can.

" This is just the beginning for these boys." Simon reassures us and we all can't really say much at the moment.

"This is it." I tell myself. The boys and I walk backstage to take in everything that happened. Third place, so we didn't win first but hey, it could be a lot worse. I've done all that I can and what I've done was more than enough. I found a second family, with One Direction.

*****

"So Zayn what are you gunna do now?" Liam asked me when we got back to our rooms.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what are you gunna do when we get back home to our families?" Louis quickly cutted in.

"You know what I'm gunna do, I'm gunna make sure that I received all those carrots and Lamborghinis that I asked for! And Harry, he's probably going to go strip down and bake more cookies at his bakery." Louis always had something remarkable to say.

"I need to go refill my stomach with Nandos and other things! Niall said quickly as he ran to the bathroom. I really couldn't think of much to do.

"I don't really know, probably just go back home and tell my family everything that happened unless they've been watching on T.V. There's also someone waiting for me back home." Louis's eyes lit up and ran to tackle me.

"You ol' bloke you! Got some girly at home waiting for you is that it?" He just couldn't resist messing with me and the others when he got the chance. I laughed at his playfulness.

" I'm not too sure she's waiting for me. She was with another guy this whole time but I swear he was a tool." I kinda slipped that out since I never really mentioned Ava to the boys until now.

"What's the lucky girl's name?" Liam asked as he was packing to go home. "Her name is Ava, Ava Collins." I said as I packed myself.

"Look at him mates! He's smiling his little cakehole off!" Harry said excitedly. I didn't notice I was smiling when I said her name. Niall looked at me while chewing something continuously,

"Well whatever you do, make sure you put a ring on it before that dodgy Nathan does!" He was right, it shouldn't matter whether Ava was with Nathan or not. If I really loved her, I wouldn't let her get hurt by him again.

"Alright you guys I'm heading off first. I'll see you guys real soon but stay in touch!"

"Zayn! We still need hugs you know!" Louis was hilarious. I was going to miss these guys even more now since I thought about how we were all going home for about a week or so. We said our good byes and I walked into the airplane quietly.

*****

"Zayn! My baby, I'm so proud of you!" My mom gave me a kiss on the cheek. I missed everyone so much. Everyone gave me warm welcomes and I was glad to receive them. The whole week that I came back, we had celebrations for my win on X Factor. I was busy with all my family around. But I was missing something. It was late but I went outside to take the trash out. The party was massive and I was really tired from all the celebrations. As I dropped the bag of trash into the bin, I heard a car door shut behind me. I quickly see a small figure walking quickly into the house next to mine. I was missing that small figure.

"Ava!" I yelled out as I ran towards her. I don't really care about the last words that we said to each other, as I ran to her, all I cared about was how I was going to fix everything.