Chapter 13

Zayn's point of View 

Clump

The phone fell from my hands. Was Ava really in the hospital? I picked it back up.

"Hello" I said making sure it hadn't disconnected.

"What was that noise Zayn?" said Danny from the other end. 

"Nothing. How did this happen? Is she okay?" Thousands of questions were running through my mind. 

"She got into a car accident. A truck ran into her car and pushed her towards the passenger seat. She lost a lot of blood. She is still unconscious right now." I felt like I had been stabbed in the heart. I didn't know what to do.

"Thanks for telling me this buddy. I'll call you later. Bye."

"Take care, Zayn." And then the line disconnected. I sat down on the sofa backstage and felt the tears stream down my face. 

"Are you okay, Zayn" I looked up and saw Liam standing in front of me with a worried look.

"Ava got into a car accident. She's at the hospital." I said as he handed me a tissue. 

"How did this happen?" He said clearly shocked as I was. I told him everything that Danny told me. Liam really looked concerned. 

"Everything is going to be okay Zayn. This tour is going to be over in a few days and then you can go see Ava." He patted my back reassuring me. 

"Come on let's go to soundcheck. It'll help keep your mind off of things for a while."

***** 

I walked in and saw Ava lying on the bed. There was a bandage wrapped around her head and she looked pale. I quietly pulled up a chair and sat down next to her. I slowly picked up Ava's hand and examined the scratches that trailed up her arm. 

"Hi, Zayn" I looked up and saw that Ava was awake. 

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I said getting up as I placed a kiss on her cheek. 

"No, I wasn't really sleeping. When did you come back?" she said looking at me.

"Like an hour ago" I held her hand again. This time she held mine back.

"I really missed you Zayn." I saw the love in her eyes.

"I missed you too." I said rubbing her hand softly.

"When are they letting you out?" I heard footsteps behind me. It was the doctor.

"If everything is fine then as soon as tomorrow." He smiled looking at me and then Ava.

"So how are you today? Is everything okay?" He asked as he checked the files next to Ava's bed.

"Everything's perfect." A smile spread across Ava's face as she lightly squeezed my handand looked at me.  

*****

"Ava would you go with me?" I said as we sat on a bench at the park. Ava was watching my sisters,Waliyha and Safaa, play with our dogs. Ava didn't have any brother or sister of her own so she was very caring and protective towards them. 

"Where?" She turned to look at me.

"On tour" I said smiling at her. She didn't smile back but turned around to face Waliyha and Safaa.

"Zayn remember how I didn't tell you that I liked you because I didn't want to hold you back." She said staring in the distance.

"Yah, so." I didn't know where this was going.

"Well if I go with you then I know that I will be holding you back. I don't want to be a distraction for you." Ava laid her head on my shoulder. 

"I hope you know that I am more distracted when you are not with me." She didn't say anything back.

"Remember the last time I left for tour. You got into a car accident and, I don't want anything like that to happen again." Ava lifted her head and looked at me now.

"Would your management be okay with me coming?" I smiled because she was coming. 

"Yes, Danielle and Eleanor were at the last tour so its all okay." I put my arm around Ava.

*****

"Why can't she go?" I said looking at Tom, my manager.

"This tour is longer than the Australian tour so we are going to be traveling a lot and I can't have extra expenses." Was he serious? This was all about money.

"I'll pay for all of Ava's airplane, hotel and all other expenses." I said practically begging him now. He didn't say anything for a while but kept typing on his computer.

"Look Zayn, if Ava does go with us I don't want you to forget that you have a job. This is not going to be vacation." He said now looking at me like as if I was a child.

"I know what I have to do." I got up and walked towards the door.

"Thanks Tom." I said before walking out.

*****

"Are you excited?" I said looking at Ava who was looking out the plane window. We were about to take off. 

"Yes, I can't believe that I'm going on tour with you!" She turned around and smiled at me. 

"Me either, this is going to be the best tour." I smiled back.