Chapter 14

Ava's P.O.V.

"Hey babe, the airplane just landed. We need to go now." Zayn gently shook my shoulder and I suddenly woke up from my nap. I managed to smile at him as I rubbed my tired eyes. This world tour has been amazing. I'm so surprised that I even got to tag along. We have been to many places like Tokyo, Brazil, and Los Angeles. Of course there were many other places that I couldn't remember at the moment. This was our last stop, Paris. I got to know everyone very well and I had so much fun with the guys. Luckily, Danielle and Eleanor were free so they were able to tag along with us to Paris. This meant not having to sleep in a hotel room all alone and a lot of girl bonding time. We got settled into our hotel rooms at two in the morning and surely everyone was exhausted. The boys moved into their deluxe hotel room and the girls and I moved into ours. It was really amazing how extravagant these rooms were. I mean, I've been in these hotel rooms since the beginning of the tour, but I still couldn't get past the feeling of amazement when I walked through the doors.

"Finally!" Eleanor exclaimed as she collapsed on her bed. Danielle and I collapsed right next to her and laughed at the fact that we were all really tired.

"So the guys have an interview tomorrow, do you guys want to go do something?" Danielle was really excited. Eleanor suggested that we should go to get spa treatments and do some shopping.

"Sounds good to me!" I was in Paris! How could I not want to do all of that? We had a lot of fun every time we together. Danielle and Eleanor were like the sisters I never had.

*****

"Ava, you have really good taste in clothing!" Eleanor checked out the dress that I was trying on. It was a blush-colored ruffled dress with a sweet-heart neckline that sat below my delicate collarbone.

"You look amazing! Is this for Zayn?" Danielle asked with a smirk. I laughed,

"Maybe, maybe not." After we were done, we checked out at the cashier and walked a little farther down the shopping lane.

"Hey you guys! Can we stop in here for a minute?" Danielle and Eleanor agreed and we slowly walked inside. It was a small, rustic French bakery. You could tell it has been open for generations. I really liked the nostalgic feeling here. There were so many pastries lined up behind a glass panel. Danielle picked the assortment of macarons, Eleanor got the fruit tart, and I decided to get the caramel éclairs.

"Zayn!!!" I attacked Zayn out of the blue and stuffed a caramel éclair into his mouth.

"Just chew and swallow." He looked at me dazed and just continued to chew.

"Ava! That's delicious! Where did you get these?"

"Oh Danielle, Eleanor, and I went to this awesome bakery near the Eiffel Tower today. We should go sometime before we leave."

He smiled, "I'll make sure we do that.

*****

Today is our last day in Paris before we leave the next day. The boys had this day just to relax so Liam and Danielle went off somewhere and Louis and Eleanor took flight to somewhere else.

"Harry, Niall, you guys wanna tag along?" I saw them laughing and tackling each other.

"Nah, you guys go have your fun. We are gunna probably hit the club tonight." Harry said breathlessly.

"Make sure you guys don't hurt each other, we can't afford to tug you guys on the airplane tomorrow." Zayn said as he led me out the door.

"Zayn, where are we going?" He replied with his cheeky smile, "For a walk." He took us to the bakery again to get some more of the caramel éclairs and we sat at the fountain that lay in front of the Eiffel Tower. We talked on and on about what has happened on this tour and how much fun we had. I couldn't believe that of all places, I would be in Paris with Zayn.

"Ava, I wanna take you somewhere, follow me." Zayn took me to the Pontdes Arts bridge.

"Zayn, why are there so many padlocks on the side of the bridge?"

"Well Ava, couples write their names on a padlock and place them on the side of the bridge. They lock it up and usually throw the key into the river to symbolize there everlasting love." I was really intrigued with the thought of this.

"It just so happens that I have a padlock for the both of us." Zayn reached into his pocket and took out a golden, heart-shaped padlock that had his and my name engraved on it.

"Zayn! Is this why you brought me here?" I was so shocked and amazed that Zayn actually took the time to do this for us. He locked our padlock on to the side and threw our key into the river. He then got down on one knee and took my hand.

"Zayn?" was all I could ask. What was he doing?!

"Ava I know this is sudden but I love you so much." He paused for a second.

"And we've been through so much together. I can't imagine living the rest of my life with anyone else." Tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn't stop smiling.

"And there's this one thing that I need to get past these lips of mine...Ava, will you marry me?" That was it for me, I was crying nonstop.

"Yes!" I replied as I hugged him. Zayn's eyes lighted up.

"Yes?" He repeated. I laughed

"Yes, I'll marry you Zayn!" He tightened his embrace and gave me a deep passionate kiss. I whispered to him, "You're just full of surprises aren't you?" He smirked and put me down. Zayn hugged me from behind as we looked out at the river. I could feel his chin on my shoulder and his cheek on mine. For some reason, as long as we've been together, Zayn still makes my heart beat really fast.