14|| On the Dot

Hermione showed up at his flat exactly at eight and knocked. He answered the door wearing a thick, dark grey, wool peacoat over a white button-up and black jeans. "Come in, I just need to grab my scarf and gloves."

Gloves! "Oh," She groaned. "I forgot my gloves. Let me go grab them."

He threw a scarf around his neck. "Don't worry about it. I've got an extra pair." He looked at her hands and then gave her a once over. She too had on a wool peacoat but hers was black. She was wearing a striped shirt underneath her coat as well as a plaid scarf. "They'll be a little big but they'll work." Reaching into his side table he pulled out an extra pair of grey gloves and a matching beanie. "Your ears might get cold." He handed them to her before grabbing another pair of gloves and pulling a beanie onto his head. "Shall we?"

Hermione paused for a moment, considering his outstretched elbow before sliding her arm through his. "Let's go."

The two walked out of his flat and onto the street. "What's for dinner?" He asked.

"I wasn't sure what you were in the mood for but there a little cafe around the corner, it has fantastic chips."

"The Blackbird Cafe?"

"That's the one. We can go somewhere else if you want."

"It sounds perfect. I believe they have decent drumsticks as well."

"Then it's settled. I'm paying, by the way."

"Free dinner? I won't say no to that." A gust of warm air wrapped around them, inviting them into the cozy cafe as Draco opened the door to the cafe. The chilly London air outside stretched its frozen fingers through the closing door, trying to grab onto their coattails in a futile attempt of pulling them back outside.

"Table for two." Hermione released Draco's arm once they were safely inside and began pulling off her scarf and coat.

A short, plump waitress took them to a round table and placed a couple of menus before them. "My name is Tess. Can I get you something to drink?"

Hermione dropped her coat and scarf over the back of her chair before she sat down. "Just water." She looked over her menu.

"And for you?"

Draco considered for a moment then settled on a water.

"Can I get the fish and chips?" Hermione asked, handing her menu back to Tess.

"Sure thing, sugar."

"I'll do the same."

Tess wrote down their orders and left to grab their waters. "I'll be back in two shakes." She smiled warmly at the two.

"Oh, I actually forgot to order something." He rose from his seat and darted past Hermione after their waitress. He was back before Hermione could even register his words.

"What did you forget?" Hermione took in a deep breath and relaxed into the back of her chair.

"Brandy. I ordered us both a cup. They don't serve firewhiskey." His grin turned wicked as she closed her eyes in regret.

"You're never going to let me live that down."

"Never."

Tess brought their drinks then returned shortly after with their meals.

Draco reached for his glass and took a sip. "Not bad." He stretched his legs under the table, the toe of his boot touching her ankle. "Is it just dinner for tonight or do we have other plans?"

She sat up a little straighter and reached for her glass. "I don't have anything particular planned, there's a park nearby if you wanted to walk around. Or we can just eat dinner and leave. I do have a bit of paperwork left to do."