Meeting The Other Mentors

Katniss's P.O.V.

    While Gale and Danielle are at training, Haymitch is making me and Peeta  go to the room where the the other mentors are. When me and Peeta got to the room where the other mentors were Johanna Mason said "Oh look who Haymitch sent this year so he can go get drunk during the entire Games, not after both of his tributes were dead like any other year." At this comment I snap and say "He at least has tried while you are the only female victor from your district, and if I recall correctly you haven't even had a victor since you!!" Johanna looks hurt by this and is starting to cry, I didn't know she even had tear ducts. She then says "YOU DON'T THINK I'VE TRIED? I TRIED SO HARD BECAUSE THE VERY NEXT YEAR MY BOYFRIEND WAS REAPED!! WE WERE GOING TO GET MARRIED, BUT THEN BRUTUS' TRIBUTE KILLED HIM, AND HIS TRIBUTE WON INSTEAD!!" I just stand there speechless and Peeta just says, "Is there anywhere I can take Katniss to let her to let her cool off?" Finnick Odair then speaks up and says ,"Yes, the glass doors at the end of the hallway takes you to a balcony that over looks the Capitol." Peeta then says "Thank you, and sorry Johanna."

        Peeta throws me over his shoulder while I'm screaming at Johanna Mason. When we finally get out onto the balcony Peeta sits me down and says "Kat, just calm down and and when you've calmed down enough to not want to kill Johanna then we will go back in."