Bumping Into Them

I had put on my headphones and pulled my hood up.

Looking at my phone, it says it's only 8:47. So I decided I was going to walk around for a while and explore, since there weren't as many people out like there are in the day.

I had walked passed many shops. People would glance at me, from time to time. I would dodge them by looking down.

Coming across a very crowded place, I kept my head down and stayed close to the buildings.

My eyes glanced across the street. I noticed a small dinner that said Help Wanted.

'I could handle a small, second, day job.' I thought to myself.

Crossing the street, i head into the small​ dinner. Walking up to the lady at the counter, I smiled.

"Welcome to Marry's diner, how may I help you?" An older lady asked. She looked about mid-50s. Had grey streaked hair and tired green eyes.

"Hi. Um, actually I was wondering about the help wanted sign." I ask.

She smiles brightly. "One moment." She says and rushes away. She comes back with some papers. "Fill these out and return them."

"Alright. See you soon." I say smiling.

"You to hon." She responded, waving at me as I exited and waved back.

I continued to walk home. My head down. Music on.

I finally made it home. My uncle, Matt, and Britt we're all asleep on the couch.

It was about 9:15.

Smiling, I put my bag down and took my headphones out.

Quietly, I picked up Britt, and took her to my room. I changed her, and put her in different clothes.

Next, I changed Matt into his sleeping clothes and put him in his bed. Then I turned the TV. off downstairs.

Grabbing my bag, and headphones, and headed upstairs.

After a shower, I went to bed.

The Next Morning

My 4:30 alarm woke me. Britt was still asleep, so I hopped in the shower, and dressed.

I put on a white v neck t-shirt. A pair of dark blue ripped jeans, a red and black plaid DC jacket, a pair of white shoes.

Finally, I brushed my hair, put on some mascara and eyeliner, then put in a couple of pairs of earrings.

A couple because I have 4 on my ear.

I got on my phone and looked for a local babysitter or daycare.

When I found one, it was less than a mile away.

Next, I found a school for Matt. Then one for me.

Looking at the time, it said 6:12. Awesome. The school phone hours were open so I called for Matt.

15 minutes later, and they said he could come.

Then, I called the daycare center for Britt.

10 minutes later, I have an account set up there and can drop them off whenever.

Next, I called the High School. It was harder to get in because of my age and other bs like that.

So after 45 minutes, they said I could start today.