Caught

Trus POV.

I was laying on the couch, looking for some books to order and waiting for my baby's to come home.

The door opens and Dante walks in with Matt and Britt. Sitting up, i smile wide.

"Hey bub." I say, smiling. He smiles back and drops his book bag and runs up to hug me. I hug back.

Dante smiles at us. "Go eat an apple, bub."

He runs off and Dante sits Britts car seat in front of me. Smiling wide, i unbuckle her and pick her. I hold her and kiss her forehead.

"Hows your leg feel?" He asks.

"Fine." I answer. "I need to go to school tomorrow."

"You sure?" He asks, uneasily.

"Yep." I answer. Standing up, i limp to the kitchen and Dante follows. "Why are you always here?" I ask.

He laughs while i sit down and stuffs his hands in the pockets of his pants while leaning against a wall. "Because i want to make sure you're ok."

"Well i obviously am." I reply shortly.

Suddenly, the door opens and my uncle stumbles in drunk. My eyebrows knit together, "Bub, go finish eating in your room on the floor, ok?" Nodding, he runs up.

Turning, i set Britt in her automatic swing and turned it on.

Mike stumbles in and groans. "Why are you still fucking here?" Slurring, he asks Dante.

"'Cause i can." He asks, sounding irritated. Mike grabs a beer from the fridge and opens it.

"Mike, i think you drank en-" he quickly cut me off.

"Shut the fuck up you little bitch!!!" Pointing his beer at me and stumbling towards me.

Dante steps between us and puts his hand on his chest, pushing him back a lil.

Mike stumbles and before i knew it, Mike swung the beer bottle at him and Dante put his hand up. The bottle shattered against his hand and the pieces fell to the floor.

Britt began to cry and freak. I shot out of my seat and Dante landed a punch to his nose. Mike fell on his ass.

Dante was heaving with anger and blood was dripping from his hand. I placed my hand on his shoulder and his breathing slowed.

He turned and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me to him. He nuzzles my neck, having to bend forwards.

Mike groans from the floor. I pull away and limp towards him. "Get the fuck out." I say. He just looks at me before scrambling to his feet and walking towards the door.

"Bitch," he says and i follow him.

"So original." I say and roll my eyes. He looks back at me.

"Why are you following me?" He asks.

"Just need to lock the door once you leave." I smile sweetly and he glowers at me.

"Fucking twat," he says and opens the door and walks out.

"Have a nice night Mike," i say smiling and shut the door, locking it. Sighing, i look at Dante and turn around. His hand is dripping blood.

Ignoring my aching thigh, i quickly walk to him. I pick up a hand towel and wrap his knuckles. "Come on."

Britt is calmed down in her swing and i take Dante upstairs. We go to my room and i set him on the toilet.

Grabbing a first aid kit, i clean his knuckles. He just looks at me like he's trying to solve something. I wrap his knuckles and clean my mess.