My First Fight and The Weirdo

My alarm clock went off and I almost shot it.

I groaned. Last night was awesome. I fought two different guys and earned $75 from each.

James said I would earn more, when I started fighting people with higher ranks.

Flashback

"Are you ready?" James said, popping his head in the locker room.

I sat on the bench, and James was wrapping my hand. "Just about."

He was done so I pulled my hair back in a french braid straight down the middle of my head. It ended below my shoulder blades.

I pull my black workout shirt out. It was sleeveless and was deep-cut and showed my black sports bra. It also had a good which I pulled up. I was also wearing loose black shorts with the two strings tied in the front.

"Okay. Let's do this." I say as I make my way to him.

He drapes his arm over my shoulder as we make our way out. "Okay, this first guy is big. His fighting name is 'Triple X' and he's local. He's not very good."

"Okay got it." We stopped in front of the ring and he faced me. "Look for his weakness. Take the signals from Ron. And when he says so, take his ass down."

He smiles. "Fast learner. Now wait till the announcer calls you up." I nod. As if on cue, the announcer began to call out to the crowd.

The crowd of people were in metal folding chairs. The room was dark and the only source of light was from over the top of the boxing ring.

"Tonight we have two fight for you! One by our own local. Triple X!" The crowd erupt into cheers. A bully man, standing at possibly 6'1 entered the ring and held his fists up.

"Next! We have a new fighter! Red!" I walk into the ring. The crowd cheered, but not like they did for Triple X. "Now vote!"

While they went and did as they were told, the referee came and told us the rules. "No weapons. No illegal hits. No biting. Good luck to the both of you." He left us both staring at each other.

"Please return back to your seats!" The crowd did as they were told. "Thank you! And good luck to both fighters!" He left the ring.

We got into our fighting positions. My fists loose, bouncing on my toes, and my right foot in front of the left.

His fists tight, jumping, and left in front of right.

The bell rang, informing us to fight.

He came towards me. He threw his fist and I ducked. Immediately, I threw a punch to his right cheek.

Glaring, he came up to kick me. I side stepped and kicked his side. Quickly, I punched him.

The crowd was going nuts. Then, I looked at Ron. He shook his head no.

So, I kept teasing him for about five more minutes. When I looked back at Ron, he nodded, telling me to end it.

Focusing on my opponent, he came to kick me. I grabbed his foot, twisted it, and pulled forward. He fell face first.

I hopped on his back and clutched his hair. I banged his head repeatedly on the ground, making sure to watch his eyes. They closed finally.

Sighing, I checked his pulse. It was there.

I stood and backed away as paramedics came and took him away.

The next fight was all the same.

Present Time