The Party

Elsa's P.O.V.

I stepped out of my room to reveal my party dress.  It had a nude coloured base with ice blue lace over top, which went around the whole dress in a sophisticated pattern.  The dress had a sweetheart neckline, was sleevless, and the bottom was curved and cut in and out.  I had on my matching ice blue moonstone bracelet and diamond shaped silver earrings for jewelry.  For my footwear, I chose adorable ice blue heels with nude coloured soles.  A strap with a buckle went around the top of both heels, so when I buckled it up it was by my ankles.  Anither one was by my toes, but with no buckle.  A final, vertical piece connected the two.  I spun around for Rapunzel, Anna, and Merida, who were in my room in Wisconsin in their dresses for the party, and I struck a pose.  "What do you think?" I asked.

"Adorable!" Rapunzel exclaimed and Merida nodded in agreement.

"You're surely going to have quite a night with Jack tonight!" Anna blurted, without thinking.  My smile faded as my good mood dimmed and I frowned at my show-off dress.  "On second thought," I muttered, walking back to my closet, "I'll just go with an old dress."

"No, Elsa, stop!" Anna cried and chased after me until she was in front of me, blocking my path.

"She didn't mean that." Rapunzel joined in, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"What's with you guys?  Why do you always want me to be with Jack Frost?" I asked icily, eyes flashing.

"Because, Elsa, when you were with him, you were happy." Anna told me, turquoise eyes wide and pleading.  "When I saw you and him touch heads at the hospital, you gave a genuine smile.  Face the music Els, it's not helping you or him that you won't let him back into your life.  You seem lost and sad without him."

"But our past-" I protested weakly, slumping my shoulders, knowing I was beaten.

"The past is in the past, Els.  It's time to move on." Rapunzel said softly.

"We just want you to be happy." Merida told me, giving me a hug.  

"Fine, I'll wear the dress." I finally declared, gently pulling away my friend.  I looked at m cousin an sister, "But I don't want you guys concluding that Jack Frost and I are a couple yet since-"

"Hush, Elsa."  Anna raised her hands up with a smile, "You will be soon."

"What's that supposed to mean-?" I began to ask.

"Let's just do our hair, makeup and nails." Rapunzel said loudly over my voice, completely changing the subject.  I glumly pulled out my nail polish and makeup bag for everyone to share.  My thoughts still kept going back to Jack.  We tried being a couple, and that failed.  It only made us fight and keep secrets from each other.  I don't think Jack and I are meant to be a couple.  Maybe we'll be just friends.  That could work out.  

Yeah, friends.

Jack's P.O.V.

"Jack, can you please take Emma with you?" 

"Like I said earlier, I'm going to a grown-up's party!  Emma's still eleven!" I replied loudly, to my mom and dad who were rushing to get to a dinner party.  Out of all the nights in the world to have  a dinner party- it had to be this one night!  The night of the Christmas party at Elsa's house!  The night I was going to surely win her over.  And yet, coincidentally, people Mom and Dad know from Wisconsin are having a dinner party the same night and now Mom and Dad want me to take Emma along to the party for they don't want her to be up till midnight in the hotel by herself, waiting for us to come home.  Anyways, my mom, who was putting bobby pins in her hair, pleaded, "Please, Jack.  Emma's mature!"