Everything Will be Alright

Brooklyn POV

It kills me, but I do it. I tell him I want the divorce still, but in all honesty I don't. I watch his reaction, those smooth chocolate eyes turn to stone. Dare I say it brought me relief when he refused, though Brandon rarely refused to do anything. Minutes later he took his breakfast outside to eat on the patio as William walked inside.

"You're a total asshole." Will growled almost at me, forcing my laptop closed. "That man out there loves you. You see just by saying divorce it's like his whole world fell apart. If Stacey was here right now she'd surely be talking some sense into you already."

"Will I'm doing what is best for him. The last thing he needs is involvement with someone like me." I wanted to dig my nails into my laptop or something to release the bubbled up anger.

"Maybe telling him what fucking happened to you would help."

"I'm not telling Brandon a thing about Jax." I stood, nearly storming to my room, yet Will grabbed my arm, I glared at his grip on my arm before looking in his eyes.

"You won't even say what he did out loud."

" What?! That he used me? That I was a toy to him? That while at work I was this powerful woman, but at home I was beaten like a dog? Or do you want me to mention that when he got me pregnant he punched me till he was bloody well sure I wouldn't be anymore. I've had two children die. Two. Both destroyed me so much that the only peace I find is in a needle or a damn pill. I lost who I was with Brandon a long fucking time ago!" I felt my eyes watering as I yanked my arm away from his grasp. "Or should I go into detail about how Jax let every one of his friends sleep with me? That's what I thought." I walked upstairs and closed the door. I sunk to the floor of Brandon's guest room and held a hand over my mouth to muffle my cries daring to seep through my lips.

(Flashback)

I was pregnant with Adeline at the time, the warm Nevada air comforting in the morning darkness. You and I laid on the patio furniture, my head against your chest.
"I wasn't shopping for a doll
To say the least, I thought I've seen them all
But then you took me by surprise
I'm dreaming bout those dreamy eyes
I never knew, I never knew
So take your suitcase, cause I don't mind
And baby doll, I meant it every time
You don't need to compromise
I'm dreaming bout those dreamy eyes
I never knew, I never knew
But it's alright...
Everything will be alright
Everything will be alright"

" Why does it sound so sad?" I whispered and lifted my head looking into his eyes.

"I don't know... It just came to me... It is a a bit dark." He chuckled weakly before brushing his lips against mine. His hand gently over the baby bump. "I'm dying to meet her."

" How are you so sure it is a girl?"

"I just know darlin' she's gonna have your hair... Your eyes."

" What will she have from you?" I laughed and shook my head.

"My dimples. That's all she needs from me... No one will ever hurt her... Or you."

(End of Flashback)

I was only pulled from my memory when someone knocked at the door of my room.

"Darin' ? Brooke? I heard you and Will yelling. Are you okay." I squeezed my eyes shut, I wished he didn't care this much.

"I- I'm fine." I stuttered and I could hear him sigh.

"You know you can talk to me. About anything Brooke." His voice was now at the same level as mine, he knew I was sitting against the door more than likely. I felt his weight press against the other side, both of our backs against either side of the door. "I'm sorry. I just I don't want to lose you."

"Maybe losing me would be good for you."

"I doubt that." He giggled weakly. "I missed you more than anything. I still have our house you know. It's our studio now."

"Really?"

" Yeah. I still have the photos of us. Of the wedding." I couldn't help but laugh slightly. I could never forget that beautiful summer day in California. "Brooke, I know you're going through a lot right now. That your moods are going to be off, but don't push me away alright?"

"Mmm" I mumbled in response and moved away from the door. My head was throbbing as I climbed onto the bed and sighed. The door clicked open, he was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt now. He motioned to the space on the bed and I nodded before he sat down. Hesitantly he reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before I broke down. My emotions got the best of me as I felt his arms engulf me as I placed my head on his chest. He started humming that tune that I remembered so well. He kept promising me every thing would be alright, but some promises are hard to keep around here. His hand gently rubbed my back, my sleepless night was taking its toll, yet in this moment I never felt so comfortable and tired. I hadn't had a body next to me in years and maybe it was the lack of medication that it was now just finally hitting me. Life without Brandon was really fucked up, more than I think he could imagine. Will and Stacey knew, and surely they would keep it all a secret.

"Everything will be alright." He whispered and I believed him. My eyes grew heavy even with the mid day sun trickling through the window. The demons of withdrawal seemed to disappear with each even breath that escaped his lungs. Maybe he was right. Maybe every thing would be alright.