Back to Reality

Brooklyn POV

My head was throbbing as I opened my eyes, warmth engulfing my frame. I rolled over, taking in the surroundings to be the hotel. The source of the warmth was a fully clothed Brandon, still fast asleep. He always looked so peaceful and childlike. His black t-shirt clung to his shaped frame. He'd always been self-conscious about how thin he was yet now he'd managed to put on some muscle. I sighed and carefully removed his arm from around me before walking to the kitchen area of the suite.

My eyes scanned the room, thankfully no one else was up this early. I wandered to the balcony and sat down, lighting a cigarette as I sunk into one of the chairs. The night was replaying in my brain. I knew I told him everything and that little stint during the show made my stomach churn. Brandon was always very serious about us and showing me off as his bride.

"You alright?" I jumped, throwing my cigarette to the sound of Ronnie's voice. I nodded before standing, looking out at the shitty view.

"I'm okay."

"You were off last night. Brandon carried you to bed and you started going on about something." I lifted a brow glancing at him. "How much you missed Adeline." I cursed under my breath. "He was okay. He knew you were just having moment. He has them too."

"What do you mean?"

"Before you two found each other again. He'd have these nights where all he could do what sit there and write or do nothing. I guess the best word for it was depressed."

"His parents are going to kill me this week. They probably saw everything he went through. I could have chosen not to leave him you know that Ronnie. I was just so-.."

"Fucked up."

"Yeah. Then I got in a relationship with that psychopath and that was the ending of little ole innocent Brooklyn." I started walking to the door when Ronnie sighed.

"You weren't the only one who went through it. I'm not talking about Brandon." I nodded slowly before clearing my throat.

"Let's get everyone up and get going. Yeah?" I ended the conversation as quickly as possible. I didn't want to talk about my past let alone yesterday. Brandon was still fast asleep as I crawled back onto the bed, making him stir slightly.

"Mmmm where did you go?" He grumbled pulling my body against his. Eyes slightly open as I pressed a kiss to his lips.

"To have a smoke. I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't have said anything."

"You actually remember?" I laughed weakly running my fingers through my hair.

"I'm a professional drunk, not an rookie. Which reminds me, we all go to stay with your parents tonight." I bit down on my lips for a moment. "How much do they hate me?"

"They don't hate you." He groaned slightly and flipped us over, chuckling slightly. "They hate what happened to us and how we dealt with it darlin." I couldn't help but giggle as the old Brandon came out. His lips trailing along my neck before his lips found mine. It was about to go further till we heard someone clearing their throat. Brandon pulled away and I could see Ronnie now smirking.

"Not now lovebirds. We gotta boogie." I felt my cheeks heat up as I quickly got my things together. Brandon showered and packed his bag as well before we all went down to the lobby. The limo was able to fit us all easily, our luggage going in the van while the buses stayed in the parking lot nearby.

"You look nervous." I looked to Will who was smirking at me.

"Nervous? Me? Never." I laid my head on Brandon's shoulder as I closed my eyes. "Let's just say I drunkly said something I should have kept to myself, but I couldn't. She'll probably chew me out as soon as we get there."

"I highly doubt she'll be that heartless towards you Brooklyn. She's changed." Brandon whispered slightly. I didn't believe him even as we pulled up to the large estate. Brandon had bought it for his parents as a safe place for everyone in his family when he first became known from the killers. It was all in slow-motion as I got out and looked up at the house. My stomach was knotted and I wanted nothing more than a drink or a hit of something. However this was a mormon household. The most exciting thing you might come across was a twix bar. I dug in my pockets for a cigarette and nearly cried seeing it empty.

"I think I'm going to die here." I whispered to Stacey and Will as we walked up the driveway. The familiar smells of her cooking was invading my nose. Memories started to flood my mind. The months leading up to the fateful day that she took such care of me. I shivered feeling Brandon's arm snake around my waist as he knocked on the door. Jean opened the door and flashed a smile to us before waving us all inside.

"Come in, come in! Lunch is almost ready. I made a bit of a feast. Brooklyn may I speak with you?" I gave a nod and followed after her, I could feel the nerves building in my chest. "I wanted to speak with you because we both know my son loves you." She sat down slowly as did I. "I need to know you are not going to break his heart again."

"Mrs. Flowers I-I don't know even what Brandon and I are anymore."

"You two are still married. Brandon told me last night on the phone. Brooklyn I used to love you as my own because my own loved you. Maybe you don't need to win him back but the others."

It was now that it hit me. She expected me to win the family back. Become the sweet Brooklyn I once was, yet she was gone. She was buried and possibly never to be found again.